"Older" woman thinking, thinking, thinking...

Come on in and say hello.

Re: "Older" woman thinking, thinking, thinking...

Postby OTW » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:41 pm

IrishIroamed wrote:Welcome to the forum from Illinois. You have all good questions, and we have all asked them at one time or other. Heck, I still am thinking what I may want whenever I could fulltime. It's a fun, but sometimes frustrating process, but as everyone says, you'll know it when you see it.

Cheryl, looking at your rig photo... what size and make/model trailer and what size and kind of truck (years of birth of both helpful too). Looks like a very nice manageable setup.
OTW

Postby gingerK » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:43 pm

Just my 2 cents, but I'd visit multiple dealerships and go to rv shows and walk thru every single rig that caught my eye.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby IrishIroamed » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:05 am

OTW wrote:Cheryl, looking at your rig photo... what size and make/model trailer and what size and kind of truck (years of birth of both helpful too). Looks like a very nice manageable setup.

Carol,
The truck is a 2013 F-150 4x4 and the TT is a 2015 Shadow Cruiser 195WBS. Good for weekends and my learning phase (although still more to learn I'm sure), but I'm looking to upgrade to a 25' for a bit more storage in case I can retire early.

Look at everything you can (dealers, RV shows, heck drive around campgrounds and ask people ~ campers are a friendly group). You may think you want something specific, and then do a 180* to something completely different. Have fun!
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby OTW » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:42 am

Thanks Cheryl!!
OTW

Postby JudyJB » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:09 pm

Oh, and the most important advice is that when you go to those dealers and RV shows, LEAVE YOUR CHECKBOOK AND CREDIT CARDS AT HOME! You can always go back and get these things, but having to do so will give you thinking time!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:27 pm

I don't have an RV or TT yet but I have gone back and forth on that over the years. I agree with the others to go to dealers and RV shows and look thru lots and lots of rigs to see what you like and don't like as far as layout, storage, size, conveniences, etc. I have learned a lot doing that and now have a much better idea of what I want when I do decide to buy something.
So much depends on how you plan to use it... how much time you will spend traveling, where you plan to go, big campgrounds, tiny out of the way campgrounds, boondocking, personal needs, finances, etc.

Just look, look, look, and ask lots of questions! Good luck and have fun!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself