Hello please help me get on the road

Come on in and say hello.

Re: Hello please help me get on the road

Postby JudyJB » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:55 pm

Just think of all of the tens of thousands of women who drive school buses in this country and how big they are. Plus, we don't have all those screaming kids in the back ends of our motorhomes! Piece of cake.

I will say, however, that my son was a LOT more nervous than I was when he had to follow me home (75 miles) from the dealership. In fact, he was too nervous to follow behind me, so he "followed" in front of me! After four years, he has finally admitted I have done well and the RV still looks new with no big dents or scratches. :D
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby mitch5252 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:37 pm

JudyJB wrote:...the tens of thousands of women who drive school buses in this country and how big they are.

You probably shouldn't disparage women like that...big, small - we're all beautiful... :roll:
mitch5252

Postby gingerK » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:58 pm

Eh, too bad you didn't post this sooner as I was just recently out your way with my camping club and you would have been more than welcome to join us. I know Oregon, been there to Lowden SP. I have a 20ft. class c and if you would like to give it a try driving wise, I will pm you where I am headed and when.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby MandysMom » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:04 am

Mitch- LOL
MandysMom

Postby JudyJB » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:47 am

OK, I walked into that one! :lol:
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby bluepinecones » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:25 am

Welcome from AL.
I purchased my small class C for my 70th birthday without ever having been camping/RVing in my life. It was the help and support I found in this group that gave me the courage to go for it. I did attend several of the get togethers before taking the plunge - just stayed in cabins or motels. The ladies I've meet are wonderful and the education has been priceless. You can do it.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby monik7 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:47 pm

Welcome from the San Francisco Bay Area. I had never been in an RV when I bought mine. I was amazed at how easy it was to adjust to driving it. You can do it. Don't let fear get in the way of following your dream.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Colliemom » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:37 am

Welcome SherryRose,

Like the others have said, you can do it. I'm hauling a 19 ft. Travel trailer around in Michigan, just took a solo trip to Yellowstone National Park and points between, plus two GTG's in IN last year and I'm 67. You go girl, you will love it.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby gypsyrose1126 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:03 am

Hi Sherry and welcome ---
When I first joined this forum I was certain I wanted a Class C, and test drove several. But I was never comfortable -- I ended up buying a small TT 2 years ago - 14' with a table that dropped down into a bed, small couch and bathroom. Worked great for me to learn in and try it out. I traded it in last month for a TT that has a bed and a couch, with slide out. I found that I prefer driving my own vehicle and pulling a trailer as opposed to the Class C I always thought I wanted. Go figure!!
Look at all different options because you just never know which one will call your name!
Rosemary
gypsyrose1126

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:58 pm

Hi Sherry, I am 85, and, although I am not "still going strong, I am still goin!!! My knees have gotten so bad that I couldn't get up in my truck camper without lots of pain. I now have a small TT, 15 feet, and am lovin it. I had to learn to back up, we old ladies can learn anything!
I will be heading out to Quartzsite in January (from San Diego) to that GTG, then in February driving to Florida for a GTG!
Stay with us and we will get you on the road! Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself