Hallo ladies

Come on in and say hello.

Hallo ladies

Postby Skippityboo » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:05 pm

A lady called JudyJB (on RVForum, I don't know if she uses the same name on here) suggested I come and say hello.

So Hi!

I'm a recently divorced english women living in Illinois and I'm about to buy my first RV (alone, my ex-husband and I owned a 38 foot class A back in 2009/2010) pack up my stuff and my dogs and basically go on an adventure until I find somewhere to settle and put down roots, if I settle and put down roots :)

Looking forward to getting to know you guys.

Samantha
Skippityboo

Re: Hallo ladies

Postby Bethers » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:05 pm

Welcome, Samantha. I'm originally from IL but was living for several years in WI when the rving bug caught me and I took off in my first one in 2005. I hope you find the perfect (at this time) for you rv. Like you my thought was to find where I'd want to settle. Hasn't happened yet :) Although there are definite contenders for at least part of the year :)

Jump in and feel at home.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Rufflesgurl » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:18 pm

Samantha welcome to the forum from N. Central CA. That 38' Class A would be great for you and your pups to go exploring.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby Skippityboo » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:29 pm

Thank you Bethers.

I'm in McHenry, so only a few miles from the Wisconsin state line.

Thank you for your welcome and its great to be here!

I may of alrdy jumped in and commented on a few posts (esp in the crafting forum)

HI Rufflesgurl

Unfortunately we lost the 38' Class A in a fire back in 2012.

This time I'm looking for something around 26 - 30 feet, A or C.

Part of my goal is to learn to downsize and enjoy a simpler life.

Thank you both for your warm welcome. I look forward to getting to know you all better.
Skippityboo

Postby JudyJB » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:55 pm

HI, glad to see you here!! I am the lady you suggested you join. You will find this a very friendly and helpful group. Even though we often post on things happening in our lives not related to RVs, most of us are experienced RVers, and many of us travel alone. I am one of the full-timers, and I have to say my goal also was to find a place where I might to eventually settle down. And I also have not yet found the perfect place, even in four years!! Been fun looking, however, and certainly a great adventure.

I have a 32' Class C and am very happy with the floor plan, which is perfect for one person. I started out thinking I would get something smaller, but the more I looked and realized driving would not be a problem, the bigger my choices of motorhomes got! By the time I went from looking at 22' to 26' to 28', I just said what the heck, and went to 32'. Glad I did it because I feel comfortable with the space. Also, I do not tow, which is a little unusual. Sometimes it is a little awkward not to have a second vehicle, but it is a lot easier not to have to haul something around. (Others, of course, have their own opinions, but it works for me.)
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby snowball » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:26 am

Welcome to the forum...I'm sure that you will find the right rig for you
in the meantime come visit with us
sheila
snowball

Postby MandysMom » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:15 am

Welcome Samantha, from my home near Sacramento CA! Look forward to getting to know you.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby avalen » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:46 am

Hello and welcome, I'm getting ready to hit the road myself,
Still working on pitching things out, but spring will be here before I know.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:06 am

Welcome from SW Ohio. I land back here between my adventures out. Hope to meet you at a gtg in the future. Have fun researching and looking for your future rig. And remember that you don't actually have to have your rig yet to come to a gtg. Having a kindred spirit is more important than owning a rig! :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Othersharon » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:04 am

Welcome from central PA. This is a great place to just visit or get great info on rving! Good luck on your hunt for the perfect for you RV!
Othersharon

Postby Liz » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:26 am

Welcome to the forum from another full-timer with wanderlust. I don't know if I ever want to settle in one place anymore. Hope you will enjoy your journeys as much, and maybe I'll meet you at a future gtg.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:45 am

Hi Samantha! Love the name Skippityboo! I'm still new to this RVing stuff myself (only in year 2 and only a few short trips so far), but my plan is the same as yours ~ full time when the time comes.

I'm in northern Will country IL (Plainfield / Joliet area) and am heading to Wisconsin in October. I know one of the other members from Illinois is heading to Missisippi Palisades SP soon but no clue on her site etc. But you can always feel free to visit anyone on the GTG thread in close enough for you.

Have fun in your shopping for your new to you home on wheels. Keep us informed. We're a nosy bunch! :lol:
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby WickedLady » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:59 pm

Hi and welcome. I recently went fulltime but don't travel much yet. Going to AZ for the winter and then ???
WickedLady

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:27 pm

Welcome from AL. Hope to meet you at a gtg. I did not have an RV when I joined and these wonderful ladies welcomed me at their gigs and even helped me find my rig (23'ClassC).
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby beazle » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:15 pm

Welcome from Wisconsin! Just a bit north of Milwaukee, so not far at all. I joined this group before I got an RV, as well. Tons of good information, kind hearts & goodwill in this group. I'd like to also extend the invitation to attend a get-together (GTG) that is convenient for you. I attended several GTGs without an RV & met wonderfully helpful women each time. And the stories they can tell!
Hope to see you down the road.
Eileen
beazle

Return to Introduce Yourself