Hello from beautiful SW Oregon!

Come on in and say hello.

Hello from beautiful SW Oregon!

Postby LilGoBug » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:21 pm

Hello all! So glad that I found you all. I hope to be an active member. My DH and I just recently retired and bought our first new-to-us motorhome; a very well kept 1967 24' Tioga Montara. We are 62 years young so also made sure we secured our "National Parks/Federal Recreational Lands Pass." Love that, paid for itself right away. We recently returned from a week long trip to Central Oregon. We traveled up the scenic N. Umpqua hwy., then N on 97 to the Cascade Lakes hwy to Cultus Lake where we spent one night before moving on to Redmond where one of our daughters lives. After a brief visit we went on to Prineville reservoir, we had never been before, nicer if you have a boat, which we do not so we only spent one night. We stayed at Jasper Point State Park, lovely, large paved sites but we could not stand the water, it is hard so soap will not lather and it tastes terrible. The next day we went back to our daughters place and filled our water tank with Redmond city water before heading to our next spot. West on hwy 20 past Sisters to Camp Sherman where we stayed 4 lovely days beside the beautiful Metolius river. Our daughter and her DH brought their girls, ages 11 & 14, and they stayed with us so mom & dad could have a 2 day "date night." It was great weather and we had a lovely time. Well, there you are, I've introduced myself with rather a long drawn out post. Hope I've not bored you to tears with my ramblings. Prepping for our next journey up the coast to Newport where we have reserved 2 nights at Beverly Beach SP in Newport.

Dianne H.
Dianne

I'm not lost, I'm having an adventure..
LilGoBug

Re: Hello from beautiful SW Oregon!

Postby Bethers » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:56 pm

Welcome, Dianne. Great to have you with us. That's gorgeous country. There are several members in Oregon, and others traveling there now.

Jump in anywhere.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:05 pm

Welcome,
We have many members on the west coast, if you visit the forum member map you can see where everyone is located. The link for the map is in the first post under general
Maybe meet you down the road eventually
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Liz » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:26 pm

Welcome from a full-timer, currently in Oregon. Sounds like you jumped right in to your adventures. Oregon is certainly a beautiful state for it.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby beazle » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:29 pm

Welcome from Wisconsin!
Eileen
beazle

Postby LilGoBug » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:30 pm

Thank you, Beth, Ava, Liz & Eileen for such a warm welcome. Oregon is indeed a beautiful little corner of this country filled with many beautiful places. I'm amazed that I've lived almost my entire life in this state and still have so many places to see. I have grandious hopes of becoming a full timer like you, Liz, and btw, I love your blog.
Dianne

I'm not lost, I'm having an adventure..
LilGoBug

Postby WickedLady » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:46 pm

Welcome. The Oregon coast can't be beat.
WickedLady

Postby Rufflesgurl » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:36 am

Hi Dianne - welcome to the forum from No. Central CA, another beautiful state. You do live in a very beautiful state and I hope you and your DH can venture out in your RV and see more areas of Oregon and all the states now that you are retired. Have fun and happy RVing.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby MandysMom » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:52 am

Welcome from another northern California resident. Oregon is one of my favorite places to visit. Congratulations on your new wheeled home.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby IrishIroamed » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:48 am

Welcome to the forum from Illinois Dianne. Sounds like you are already starting some good adventures. Have fun & keep us informed of where you are. Never know who you may run into.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby JudyJB » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:27 am

Welcome to this great forum! I am from Michigan but right now am in Northern California at Patrick's Point headed for SW Oregon.

ENjoy your new to you motorhome!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby ypsi56 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:10 am

Welcome from Arizona !!
ypsi56

Postby snowball » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:41 am

welcome Dianne
glad you have come to be on the forum looking forward to your posts...I agree Oregon is a beautiful state
right now I am in Idaho...live full time in my fifth wheel but my truck stopped working so need to get a new one
so I can go to AZ for the winter
sheila
snowball

Postby OregonLuvr » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:41 pm

Hi Dianne, I am from southern Oregon. Right now I have spent 10 days camping the Oregon coast in my Motorhome with another forum member from Salem in her travel trailer. We have had the pleasure of hooking up with Liz and another friend Sharon who were also over here on the coast. Right now it is pouring rain here in North Bend and Laura had to leave this morning she was soaked after hooking up. But this is the only real rain we have encountered otherwise great weather but a little windy.

I will head out tomorrow and spend the night at 7Feathers then mosey on home on Tuesday. Maybe we can hook up for some Oregon camping this summer.

karen
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby monik7 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:49 pm

Welcome from the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself