Single, Motivated to buy a Class B

Come on in and say hello.

Re: Single, Motivated to buy a Class B

Postby Liz » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:44 pm

Welcome to the forum! I too started RVing with a Class B. My first was an 18' 1999 Roadtrek 170. I loved it, and it was very reliable. I sold it after 4 years and got a 2002 20' PW with a twin bed configuration before a trip to Alaska that my SIL accompanied me on. I liked the layout of the PW, but had a lot of problems with it, so traded it for a 22' 2006 Roadtrek 210. I started full-timing in that one and would have it still except for an unfortunate accident when someone lost control of her car, overcorrected and came across the road and hit me head-on. It totaled the RV, but the RV protected me and I was not seriously hurt. I highly recommend the Roadtrek. I paid $25,000 for the first one when it was 5 years old. I paid $19,000 for the PW in 2009. And I paid $50,000 for the RT 210 in 2011. Keep looking.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Re: Single, Motivated to buy a Class B

Postby eviebooboo » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:07 am

I found my 1999 Coach House 19 ft. w.41,000 miles on it for just $12K on Craig's List, with the intention of trying it for a few years to see how I do. So far, the short trips have been great. Just took it to a local RV mechanic for a thorough check, and other than a new battery, all systems checked out fine. I'm having fun making new curtains, putting down a foam tile floor, and "decorating" it. Getting ready for a 3-month trip out west this fall, which will be the real test to see if full-timing is for me. I'd keep looking for a better deal if I were you.
No matter where you go, there you are
http://advantureswitheve.blogspot.com/
eviebooboo

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself