Single woman beginning Rving with 2 dogs

Come on in and say hello.

Re: Single woman beginning Rving with 2 dogs

Postby MandysMom » Fri May 27, 2016 10:48 am

Kate, I don't fulltime but I do the outdoor tasks as much as hubby does bexause I was the instigator in buying our RV. Because many women have that division with hubby, doesn't mean all do. I drive more than hubby these days. It's all learnable and doable. I wish you all the best and happy travels.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby yellowroses » Fri May 27, 2016 12:58 pm

I am located in Pensacola-- vacation country with the Florida panhandle's fabulous white sand beaches. It's one of the reasons I am not in a hurry to blast out of here. If someone is coming my way before late fall, give me a hail.

Right now I drive 2003 Ford minivan. It seemed like a good idea with large dogs and big canvases, but now I paint smaller and my dogs don't take up so much space. I was thinking about getting a Chevy Spark (two years old or so) and putting a Blue Ox hitch on the rig.

Thanks for the suggestion about the "Get Together" thread. I might be able to find one close enough to try. Bet they're all up in the cooler areas and not in Florida now that it's getting hot and humid.
T.A.N.S.T.A.AF.L
yellowroses

Postby Liz » Fri May 27, 2016 9:08 pm

You've got the right idea. A lot of us full-timers are pushing 70 or beyond. You can do it. Join in one of our get-togethers, like Hillsborough River, and you'll get lots of advice/help. Some of it is even usable. :D
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby yellowroses » Mon May 30, 2016 12:14 pm

It is odd. I posted a reply twice and even saw the previous unpublished reply but neither went through.

I am in the Pensacola area. There are plenty of beautiful places to visit within a short distance of here so I am not in a great hurry to head out on a long journey yet.
Kate
T.A.N.S.T.A.AF.L
yellowroses

Postby Bethers » Mon May 30, 2016 8:44 pm

yellowroses wrote:It is odd. I posted a reply twice and even saw the previous unpublished reply but neither went through.

I am in the Pensacola area. There are plenty of beautiful places to visit within a short distance of here so I am not in a great hurry to head out on a long journey yet.
Kate

I see a few replies from you on this thread.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself