Hello From Denmark

Come on in and say hello.

Hello From Denmark

Postby Maxine » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:30 am

I am a 49 year old women that wants to go to USA for Vandwelling soon. I am working on getting the finances together and then I will take the jump.
I want to participate in the metting in Phøenix in January and from then of I can go anywhere.
I would like to meet you all and learn from you about the US and living in a van. Whre to do whar and not :-)

I am also interested in meeting Women Scrollers, if there are any?

I am driwing alone, except for 2 weeks where my wife will be with me. (She goes back to Denmark to Work :-))

Do you have any ideas about how to find a Van or RV.

Smile from Maxine
Maxine

Re: Hello From Denmark

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:42 pm

Welcome from SW Ohio.....
Not sure who or what Women Scrollers are so I guess that means I am not one. :)

I think the internet will give you a good idea of where the vans and/or small RV are. Some areas of the country do seem to have more vehicles available than others. Researching and knowing what sort of vehicle (size and features) you are interested in will also help. Nothing beats seeing and walking around inside and out though. Have you camped or traveled in similar fashions before in Denmark or other countries?
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Maxine » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:08 pm

Hi BirdbyBird
I have been having a lot of wonderfull holidays in my Campingwagon in Denmark, But I need to get away in winther time and where else to go then USA.
Your country is so big and beautiful.
Have a lot to learn do, and finances to get together :-)
Hopeto get everything together and meet you on the road.

:-) Maxine
Maxine

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:09 pm

Welcome from Illinois Maxine. Sorry I also don't know what a scroller is. I did an internet search and looks like it's something do to with scroll saws. If that's correct I found a website for you that lists clubs across the USA.
http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/wiki/index.php?title=Clubs_%26_Organizations
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby avalen » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:42 pm

Welcome
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby MandysMom » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:58 pm

Welcome from the west coast in California . Look forward to getting to know you.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby snowball » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:13 pm

welcome and if you are in AZ in Jan. we have a gtg in Quartzsite AZ. toward the end which would give
you and us the opportunity to meet
sheila
snowball

Postby Maxine » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:03 am

snowball wrote:welcome and if you are in AZ in Jan. we have a gtg in Quartzsite AZ. toward the end which would give
you and us the opportunity to meet
sheila

Hi Snowball
the gtg in Quartzsite AZ is my prime goal for arriving and starting my roadlife. But i need to find a way with finding a house on weels first....
Maybe I must arrive in the eastwest before the gtg and find a van but how, I dont know yet. There is a lot to learn from Denmark. It is all so new and different. Love a Challenge :D
Lookinh foreward to seeing you

Maxine
Maxine

Postby Bethers » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:39 am

Welcome, Maxine. Glad to have you with us and wish you every success in finding the right vehicle for you. I have a Class C but can only tell you I took advantage of all the internet sites advertising them for sale.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:00 pm

Are you going to rent? or are you going to buy then sell when you have to return to Denmark?
sheila
snowball

Postby Maxine » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:55 am

snowball wrote:Are you going to rent? or are you going to buy then sell when you have to return to Denmark?
sheila

I want to take advantage of as much time in your country as I can. That means up to 6 month! It would be to expensive to rent for so long time so I will buy a vehicle!
I am looking on a high Van, Converted Van, 10´Box truck.... There are so many ways to do it. I have so much to learn.
I will do the best I can to find a vehicle and participate in the RTR in Phoenix in January to get some starting help.

There is time before January so will se :-)

Smile from Maxine
Maxine

Postby snowball » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:04 pm

Maxine there is a lot of RV's for sale in Quartzsite usually starting in late Dec. Quartzsite is just oh about 130 miles west of Phoenix just a thought some from dealers some by owner
sheila
snowball

Postby Maxine » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:40 am

Thanks Snowball
Is that also Used RV's and Conversion vans?
Money, Money,Money :-)
Maxine

Postby Bethers » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:24 am

Maxine wrote:Thanks Snowball
Is that also Used RV's and Conversion vans?
Money, Money,Money :-)

Maxine, you can find any type of RV throughout Arizona, new or used. Any price range.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Maxine » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:02 am

Thanks Bet
I will scramble all the money together I possible can and then we will see. I will either arrive the first days after newyear or I can choose to have christmas and newyear in Arizona to have more time to find a vehicle.
Time will tell. I am impatient, soooo :-)
Maxine
Maxine

Return to Introduce Yourself