Hello from Michigan

Come on in and say hello.

Hello from Michigan

Postby dragonflyer14 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:27 pm

My name is Chris and I am planning to be a full-time rver by the time i reach my 50th birthday. I will be 45 in May and Iooking forward to spring when I can once again have yard sales and progress towards my goal. I began downsizing a few summers ago after my last treatment for breast cancer. My prognosis is very good, but I don't want to wait until full retirement age to start on my bucket list. I know what I want and I am going for it! I have two little dogs...Disney, a 6.5lb poodle mix, and Dory, a 13lb maltipoo. Well that's my story...just wanted to say hi to everyone!
Chris, Disney and Dory Doodle
dragonflyer14

Re: Hello from Michigan

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:08 pm

Welcome to the Forum, Chris. We're glad you joined us.
Your intro post and your reply to the Rescue Dog topic have both been approved.
Now that you have made your intro post, you can post wherever you want!

We'll look forward to getting to know you (and your pooches)...

mitch5252

Postby JudyJB » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:24 am

Welcome from a fellow ex-Michigander! I have been full-timing for almost four years, but was not able to start as young as you are! Best of luck fulfilling your dreams.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:35 am

Welcome, Chris. I love that you are going for your dreams. And am thrilled to have you with us.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby IrishIroamed » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:04 am

Hi Chris ~ Welcome from an Illinois neighbor. Do you have an RV of some type now? Maybe will get to meet sometime during a midwest GTG somehwhere.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby avalen » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:05 am

Welcome :D
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:13 am

Welcome to the forum from Ohio, unless I am out traveling on the roads some place else. :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Othersharon » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:45 am

Welcome from PA. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures!
Othersharon

Postby beazle » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:46 pm

Welcome from Wisconsin. I, too, am a cancer survivor, and know what that means to start doing things you dreamed about: get going! Hope to meet up on the road one day.
Eileen
beazle

Postby dragonflyer14 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:00 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I don't have my motor home yet but i have settled on what i want and i am doing everything i can now to get there. Downsizing is challenging but i feel great about it because i see that most people have to do it eventually...i am just starting early. I am looking at getting a 28' class c motor home. I like the fact that they have a dedicated bedroom...plus i need all that storage for sporting goods and doggy stuff...the only things i am keeping. Nick-knacks be gone! LOL!
I don't plan to have a car of any kind, but I am turning my small landscape trailer into a kayak and bicycle trailer this summer. One of my big passions is biking and forcing myself to use my bikes as transportation i feel is a good thing...i have a road bike, a mountain bike set up for the dogs and i am planning on getting a fat tire bike with electric assist to really get around!
I am fortunate because my dad has sold motor homes for the past 20 years and is a great resource for me to bounce ideas off of...even when we don't agree i learn something! :lol:
I am almost halfway there in saving up for what I want...working on my little boat in the garage this winter to sell this spring and that will put me at the halfway mark. I live with and work for a 68 year old widow who is also downsizing...everything we clean out of her house and sell...we split the proceeds so that's cool. Last summer we sold her late husband's 1978 Avanti II (a Studebaker) and did $1550 in yard sales. This summer we have another classic car to sell and two boats including mine...men in MI like their toys! :) Looking forward to another productive summer!
I have been very inspired reading this forum the last few years and I admire all of you a lot...I didn't know what my life would look like after cancer but this forum helped me to see the possibilities on my darkest days and to formulate a plan that I might not have otherwise had the courage to pursue...happy to be a part of it! :D
have a nice day!
Chris, Disney and Dory Doodle
dragonflyer14

Postby MandysMom » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:43 am

Welcome Chris,
From at moment soggy California
Velda
MandysMom

Postby MelissaD » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:37 pm

Hoosier Welcome :D
MelissaD

Postby Liz » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:29 pm

Welcome Chris. I too am a cancer survivor and these forum friends are the ones who unknowingly gave me hope and reason to get through it. I am full-time RVing now and loving it.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Colliemom » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:48 am

Hello from a sister MIchigander. I'm up in northern MI, so if you get up this way, give me a holler. I have a 19ft. travel trailer and go around to different state parks during the summer months. Took a big trip west last summer and really enjoyed being out on the road. Good luck with you dreams.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:09 am

Welcome from Texas. I think you're really smart to not wait to live your life. You may want to rethink the no car; most of those who started out with no car ended up getting something to tow. Makes sightseeing so much easier. Bikes/kayaks can go on the back of the RV and top of the tow car.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Return to Introduce Yourself