Hello from Washington

Come on in and say hello.

Re: Hello from Washington

Postby JudyJB » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:11 pm

Actually, I was a lot less nervous than my son was. I had to drive 70 miles back to his house after he dropped me off at the dealers. He was so nervous that he "followed" ahead of me.

Only problem was I needed a bathroom on the way back and did not want to use the one in my new RV because it was still winter and it had antifreeze in it. So, I called him on his cell phone and he directed me into a McDonalds. I was so desperate I just did not think and got myself into a place I could not get out of without help. He had to help me back up by stopping traffic and spotting for me. Whew. He had directed me into the regular parking lot instead of the truck lot which was the next entrance. I was really panicked about getting out.

Lesson learned was to never get into someplace you don't see a way to get out of. Now I drive around the block if I have to, making sure the parking lot has an exit I can handle.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby grammynmaggie » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:12 am

Welcome from Florida
grammynmaggie

Postby MelissaD » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:08 pm

We all have had our oops moments. Just a couple of safety have to do's.

Always chock your trailer tires (BOTH SIDES) before you unhitch. On semi's we use L(landing gear) A(air lines/ light cord) P (pull pin) when dropping and the reverse "PAL" while hooking up. Semi trailers have parking brakes (aka spring brakes) to hold the trailer while parked. Wish they had them on RV trailers.

I was dropping my 5er last summer and I had the chock on both sides but they were not "tight" partly do to the shape of the chock (curved). The 5er rolled back about an inch when I uncoupled as it rolled up on the chocks and scared the crap out of me.

Then there is the water heater story but I'll save that for later.
MelissaD

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself