Hello from Washington

Come on in and say hello.

Hello from Washington

Postby Patmac » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:48 pm

Hi, everyone! I am new to RV-ing, and I'm joining this forum because I'm looking for general discussion, advice and input. We got a 25-ft travel trailer in September and I love it - but my anxiety about it has been through the roof. I know that time and experience will quell a lot of it - but my first question is - is this normal? Was anyone else freaking out at the notion of towing, hitching and unhitching safely, or making mistakes? My husband and I have already made a couple of "newbie" mistakes (I'll tell you about those lovely experiences later), and they thankfully did not cause injury or harm to either one of us - but it occurred to me that we are making this up as we go. Hence - I would love to talk to other RV-ers!
Patmac

Re: Hello from Washington

Postby Azusateach » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:19 pm

Greetings from down the coast! :)

Mistakes are all part of the process, and we've all made them in varying degrees. So feel free to share away. We'll smile, pat you on the back, and then offer about 50,000 opinions, because that's what we do. But the support and knowledge base here is phenomenal.

Remember, these big "toys" are meant to be fun, so relax and enjoy your new freedom. (See??? There's the first opinion!)

Laura
Azusateach

Postby Liz » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:07 pm

Welcome from a full-timer who started out with the same fears and still makes mistakes. There's always something new to learn. We are here to listen, empathize, share experience, and offer advice which you may or may not follow. Whatever mistake is made, you can be pretty sure someone on here has already done that.

Enjoy the journey!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby grammynmaggie » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:01 pm

Welcome from Florida we are all nervous at the beginning in the middle and probably when we hang up our keys...but oh what fun...
grammynmaggie

Postby avalen » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:48 pm

Welcome from AZ, ahhh the learning process, its incredible! Lots of wonderful
help in this group of women. I say the anxiety is normal, I get it just getting ready for a day trip :D
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:51 pm

Welcome from Ohio. And I think somewhere on here is a threat that talks about how many of us still get butterflies in the stomach each time we head out.... :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:53 pm

Welcome from Southern Oregon

karen
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Bethers » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:14 pm

Welcome and what they've all said! If you can, meet with some of us when possible. We'll share even more foibles in person.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby gingerK » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:30 pm

Welcome from the Midwest and yes, we've all made our share of dumb mistakes. I get pretty nervous sometimes driving my little MH but I just slow down, take my time and take the back roads a lot.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby MandysMom » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:46 am

Welcome from northern California !
Velda
MandysMom

Postby IrishIroamed » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:59 am

Patmac wrote:...Was anyone else freaking out at the notion of towing, hitching and unhitching safely, or making mistakes?...

Have you met me? :lol: Of course not :D , but maybe some day. I had no prior experience and I bought a 19' TT last summer and know just how you feel. Every time I did get out I questioned everything I did, and I still need help backing up. The ladies here are great for answering questions.

Welcome to the forum from Illinois.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Patmac » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:51 am

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm looking forward to more chats.
Patmac

Postby Othersharon » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:33 am

Welcome from PA. You've come to the right place to learn about rving. I've done some really dumb things but just chalk it up to learning! You can laugh about it later! :lol:
Othersharon

Postby WickedLady » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:33 pm

Welcome from Shelton, WA My first trip with my little travel trailer was white-knuckle all the way..a whole 20 miles to the campground. I survived! I still get a bit nervous when I head out but once on the road everything is fine. Relax and enjoy.
Marda
WickedLady

Postby MelissaD » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:20 pm

Hoosier Welcome :D
MelissaD

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself