New person joining your group

Come on in and say hello.

New person joining your group

Postby Bettyboop » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:54 pm

Hi, I am Bettyboop. I have been enjoying my Class B RV since 2012. I started with a used 2004 Roadtrek 210 popular and this year traded for a 2012 Pleasureway Lexor. I retired from the USDA in late 2011 and I work part-time at a garden center in the summer. I travel as far as 4 days off in a row will take me during the summer months. I do go to the Adirondacks for two weeks over the 4th of July every year and spend about 6 to 8 weeks down south in the winter. My travel companion is Buddy, my almost 12 year old lab mix. I look forward to getting to know some of you.
Bettyboop

Re: New person joining your group

Postby Bethers » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:59 pm

Hi and welcome, Betty. Glad to have you with us. I took off from Wisconsin in my RV in 2005, supposedly for a year, and am still going. If you feel comfortable sharing, what part of WI are you in and where do you head when you go south. Most likely several of us will be nearby if you want to gtg.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Queen » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:19 pm

Welcome, BB, from warm and sunny FL.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:26 pm

Hi, BB! Welcome to the group.
Glad you joined us.

See ya down the road.
mitch5252

Postby Rufflesgurl » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:31 pm

Welcome Betty from sunny North central CA. Nice to hear you are so enjoying your RV.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby Bettyboop » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:16 pm

Thank you for the welcome. I live about 25 miles North of Lacrosse WI out in the country. When I go to Florida, I like to spend some time exploring the pan handle and gulf coast. last winter I visited Grayton beach, St George Island and Apalachicola for a while, Then around to Horseshoe beach and down to Brandon where I visit my NY friends for a while. I like exploring the less developed areas a lot.
Bettyboop

Postby Liz » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:26 pm

Welcome to the forum, BB. I am a full-timer, but usually stay in McIntosh when I am in Florida. Hope to meet you at some future get-together. There is usually a gtg in Florida every winter for those that are here.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:45 pm

Welcome to the forum. I am from Ohio and try to get out on the road as often and for as long as I can! I am looking to try to find some warmth in Florida this winter. :D
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby JudyJB » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:19 pm

Hi, Betty. I am a full-timer of over three years, but it seems as if it has gone by so fast! I alternate winters in Florida with the Southwest, and this winter it will be the Southwest. (I have grandkids in Ohio and in California, so keep bouncing back and forth.) I visited the panhandle for the first time this past winter and will probably spend some time there in winter 2016-17. I also like the northern, less crowded parts of Florida, especially Fort Clinch on the northeast Atlantic coast.

In late July of this summer I am headed across the northern states from Washington back to Michigan. Got to fill in North Dakota on my map and visit a nephew in Minnesota. So where should I stop on my way through northern Wisconsin??
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:06 pm

Bettyboop wrote:Thank you for the welcome. I live about 25 miles North of Lacrosse WI out in the country. When I go to Florida, I like to spend some time exploring the pan handle and gulf coast. last winter I visited Grayton beach, St George Island and Apalachicola for a while, Then around to Horseshoe beach and down to Brandon where I visit my NY friends for a while. I like exploring the less developed areas a lot.

Oh, I know just where you are - I love that area. For awhile I owned a motel in Ferryville on the Mississippi about 35 or so miles south of LaCrosse. I still use an accountant (well, his office now as he died this year :( ) in Trempeleau. I keep saying one of these days I'll spend the summer back up in that area ... but I have been having too much fun in other areas. I have spent a couple winters in FL, but am in love with the West, so spend more time out west. This year I'm breaking out of Arizona and am in California for the winter.

You'll find lots down in FL - and there are some great gtg's down there - big and small - so let people know when you head down - you'll have lots of fun meeting some wonderful folks down there.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:36 pm

welcome :D
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby MelissaD » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:14 am

Hoosier Welcome :D
MelissaD

Postby MandysMom » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:25 am

Welcome Betty from northern California.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Colliemom » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:03 am

Hi Betty, welcome aboard. I'm in northern MI, so we are "neighbors" so to speak. Was in your area this summer coming ad going from a month long trip out west. Beautiful there. Unfortunately wasn't able to enjoy the scenery around the Mississiippi due to road construction on I-90 though :roll: I spend a lot of time in Michigan's Upper Peninsula so if you are ever headed that way, let me know and maybe we can have a GTG somewhere.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Bettyboop » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:32 pm

Colliemom wrote:Hi Betty, welcome aboard. I'm in northern MI, so we are "neighbors" so to speak. Was in your area this summer coming ad going from a month long trip out west. Beautiful there. Unfortunately wasn't able to enjoy the scenery around the Mississiippi due to road construction on I-90 though :roll: I spend a lot of time in Michigan's Upper Peninsula so if you are ever headed that way, let me know and maybe we can have a GTG somewhere.

Hi Colliemom, I am trying to figure out how to respond to individual messages. Hope this works. I love the UP. I have spent time in the Porcupine Mt area and Picture Rock Park. It is beautiful in the UP. Maybe we will meet up sometime.
Bettyboop

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself