New person joining your group

Come on in and say hello.

Re: New person joining your group

Postby Bettyboop » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:54 pm

JudyJB wrote:Hi, Betty. I am a full-timer of over three years, but it seems as if it has gone by so fast! I alternate winters in Florida with the Southwest, and this winter it will be the Southwest. (I have grandkids in Ohio and in California, so keep bouncing back and forth.) I visited the panhandle for the first time this past winter and will probably spend some time there in winter 2016-17. I also like the northern, less crowded parts of Florida, especially Fort Clinch on the northeast Atlantic coast.

In late July of this summer I am headed across the northern states from Washington back to Michigan. Got to fill in North Dakota on my map and visit a nephew in Minnesota. So where should I stop on my way through northern Wisconsin??

Hi Judy, If you are returning to Michigan via the UP, then you may like to stop in Bayfield. There is a nice city park/ rv camping just a mile north of town on Hwy 13. Dalrymple park. Bayfield is a lovely little city on Lake Superior just off the apostle islands. Also, I like camping in the Chequamegon and or Nicolet National forest. The campgrounds are usually on beautiful lakes but there are no amenities. Brunet State Park in Cornell and Copper Falls State Park near Mellen are lovely. If you come across the state lower (I-90) then Perot State Park in Trempealeau is lovely and right on the Mississippi.
Bettyboop

Postby gypsyrose1126 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:24 pm

Welcome from Eau Claire, WI !
Rosemary
gypsyrose1126

Postby snowball » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:29 pm

welcome
sheila
snowball

Postby Birdie » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:47 pm

Betty, welcome from south central Texas. Beth is correct, where everr you are headed some of us are near! Be safe and enjoy.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby beazle » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:09 am

Welcome, from another Wisconsinite. I'm near Milwaukee, and a relative newbie to this group myself. You'll find kindness, empathy, support, wisdom and humor from the women on this forum. Get-togethers (GTG) in nearby states are fun and informative for me and others. Hope to meet you on the road sometime,
Eileen
beazle

Postby gingerK » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:14 pm

Welcome from IL Betty! I also sometimes travel with a Lab named Buddy! If you're down near the Chicago area, you are in my neck of the woods so stop in and visit.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby IrishIroamed » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:03 am

Another IL Hello Betty! Have fun in your travels and keep us informed of your destinations. Never know when someone may be around.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Aminton » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:16 pm

Hi, BettyBoop,
My name is Angela M (guess I need to come up with a more clever moniker). I am also new to this group, still figuring out how to navigate. But I saw your post and had to respond. I have not yet "taken to the road." I have a condo to sell and some downsizing to do, not to mention lots more research. I fell in love with Pleasure Way and keep getting drawn back to their website. But I am worried about full-timing in a Class B because most people tell me it is too small. But, since, it is just me and a non-allergenic Biewer terrier, I don't need much room. I've looked at Class C's and nothing has really clicked. The Pleasure Way Plateau XL seems perfect...and luxurious. I would love to hear about you and your Pleasure Way. Welcome to this forum. I look forward to hearing about your adventures. It's courageous women like you who make it possible for women like me to follow our dreams.
Aminton

Postby Bethers » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:46 am

Aminton wrote:Hi, BettyBoop,
My name is Angela M (guess I need to come up with a more clever moniker). I am also new to this group, still figuring out how to navigate. But I saw your post and had to respond. I have not yet "taken to the road." I have a condo to sell and some downsizing to do, not to mention lots more research. I fell in love with Pleasure Way and keep getting drawn back to their website. But I am worried about full-timing in a Class B because most people tell me it is too small. But, since, it is just me and a non-allergenic Biewer terrier, I don't need much room. I've looked at Class C's and nothing has really clicked. The Pleasure Way Plateau XL seems perfect...and luxurious. I would love to hear about you and your Pleasure Way. Welcome to this forum. I look forward to hearing about your adventures. It's courageous women like you who make it possible for women like me to follow our dreams.

Hi Angela.

I just found this post of yours and approved it. But all your posts will continue to have to be individually approved until you start your own thread in this room, introducing yourself.

Meantime, welcome. And if you are comfortable in a class b, it doesn't matter if someone else won't be. :-)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:02 am

Welcome Angela. I own a Leisure Travel van class B on the Sprinter chassis. I bought it new 10 1/2 years ago. I love the Sprinter chassis. It's been reliable and economical to drive, actually surpassing my PT Cruiser in fuel economy?
!! I watched the full video on the Pleasureway Plateau xl. It's a beautiful coach. I have only three hesitations as to full time in it. 1. 1300 lb cargo carrying capacity seems like a lot, until you take out your own body weight, weight of propane, and any water you carry to boon dock, then suddenly you have pretty tight capacity for food, clothes, equipment. 2. We have a 4 cf fridge in our van and I can tell you it's tough to go a week with fresh food in it. 6 cf is theoretically 50% more but full time I sure would prefer a bit bigger, at least 8 cf. 3. I have a fold down sofa at rear of my van and can nap during day if I want while stopped, but I sure would not want to be messing with a Murphy bed each night or have to put it up during day to use living room, vs step around it. As Beth says, it's all in what You want to deal with but just some things to think about. As I have read here many times, if you can, go see one somewhere that they will let you shut the door and move around in there by yourself, pretending to live in it for a hour. Pretend to cook a meal, take a shower, make and unmake the bed several times. See how it feels. I'm no great example, however. Back in 2003, when I first saw the first Sprinters to hit the US, I said to hubby, now there's a Mercedes I can fall in love with ( he spent years trying to get me to buy a big few years old Mercedes sedan and I spent years telling him they were ugly !). By 2005, the first Sprinter RVs were coming out, including Leisure Travel van and the Sportsmobile on Sprinter. I chose a Sportsmobile and ordered it but that fell through because they forgot to build mine on a California chassis. I turned to people at IRV2 and a LT owner sent me the brochures he had collected before buying his. He helped me find a dealer in TX who would order it and set up for delivery in Canada at the factory, and as they say the rest is history. I had never even seen a LT RV in person, much less driven one, before we stepped into ours as we picked it up in April 2005!! A good site to look up to read about life in a Sprinter chassis RV is Winnie Views. She has a lot of info about why she chose her Winnebago View on the Sprinter. Wishing you the best as ou make important life decisions.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby gypsyrose1126 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:23 am

Welcome Betty -- I live in Eau Claire, just a hop, skip and jump from you.
Rosemary
gypsyrose1126

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself