Hello from So Cal and a big thank you!

Come on in and say hello.

Hello from So Cal and a big thank you!

Postby drivingmzdazey » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:01 pm

Hi Everyone! I'm Diana and a native So Cal gal. Last summer my husband and I took delivery of a new 27' Lazy Daze MB and we couldn't be happier with it. It's our first ever rv but one we had been dreaming of for decades. We're retired and have been enjoying taking off in "Mz Dazey" whenever we can.

I had been reading this forum for about a week before joining and I just want to say a big thank you to all of you who share unconditionally your rv knowledge. Before finding all of you, I had not attempted driving our rv solo. I had driven it numerous times with my husband, but kept putting off trying it on mine own. After reading so many of your inspiring and encouraging posts, I decided it was time. I got in a nike frame of mind and just did it! Whoo hoo! It felt so liberating! And no dents or scratches followed me home (or cops, haha!) So thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I am forever grateful to all of you for helping me find my rv wings. I hope one day I can join one of your gtgs.

Diana
drivingmzdazey

Re: Hello from So Cal and a big thank you!

Postby Gentleladybear » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:05 am

Congratulations!!!! It is a great feeling when you accomplish the frist drive. I remember mine and after the fear passed it is such a good feeling. I felt more accomplished than I had in a long time. Look forward to meeting you at one of the gatherings.
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby Bethers » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:10 am

Welcome, Diana. Glad to have you with us. And congrats on earning your rv wings!

Hope to meet you soon.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Queen » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:18 am

Welcome, Diana! What a fun adventure, glad you gave it a go on your own. It always frustrated my dad that my mom wouldn't learn to drive their MH, he pointed out that if something happened to him when they were away from home they would be stuck.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby gingerK » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:46 am

Welcome from IL Diana and congrats on your first solo! Hope to meet up with you somewhere down the road.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:47 am

Welcome to the forum. Remind folks you meet that these are all learnable skills for most people. They are learnable especially when the motivation is pushing you forward towards adventures. :-)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby sharon » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:27 am

Welcome from another SoCal gal, Diana! Where are you down here? We've got a couple of us down here and every once in a while we actually get together for lunch or short camping trips. You're more than welcome to join us. Check your messages, I'll send you my addy and phone number.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby drivingmzdazey » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:34 pm

Hi and thanks for the nice welcome! I'm so happy to have found you all!

Hi Sharon! I'm on the northeast side of the San Gabriels, in the foothills, about 5 min. from Wrightwood. And the San Andreas fault. Been here 25 yrs. and haven't slipped away - yet. :lol: Lunch or camping trips sounds great to me! Btw, there are some nice campgrounds nearby but I think Table Mountain might be the only one my LD would fit into. Still, Hwy 2 has some good places to pull off and spend the day. And the views are nearly always amazing.
PS: will check my messages

Diana
drivingmzdazey

Postby WickedLady » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:34 pm

Welcome, Diana, from WA. Glad you found us.
WickedLady

Postby avalen » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:41 pm

Welcome from Arizona, which is not far from So Cal :D
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby JudyJB » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:07 pm

I plan on spending some of the winter in Southern California. My son and his family live in Napa and we are planning on going to Disneyland after New Years. I just looked Wrightwood up on the map. Looks like some ski areas near you.

I spend a couple of days at Mohave Narrows State Park in Victorville near you a couple of years ago and arrived after the office booth had closed. Was locked out and had to walk a mile to find another camper with the code. It was cold and very dark, but they helped me out by driving me back to the gate. That campground is great if you love trains, because there is one about every 3 minutes on a triple track! Actually, I never have problems sleeping with trains, so it was fine.

And as far as learning to drive one of these rigs, sometimes you just have to do it. I had never driven one except for a brief test drive until I bought mine. My son had dropped me off at the dealer and was so terrified I would crash on the way home that he "followed" me by driving ahead of me for the 75 miles I had to drive home!! But, I made it with no scratches or running off the road, just as you did.

Is there Verizon service at Table Mountain? I can manage for a day without electric, but I must have internet because I teach online.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby cnq50b » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:52 pm

Welcome Diane,
I a KS transplant in so Cal - just arrived labor day weekend to help take care of my newest grand baby. This is a great bunch. Glad you've joined us.
Hope to meet you down the road - or maybe at a so Cal GTG. :)
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby drivingmzdazey » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:20 pm

avalen wrote:Welcome from Arizona, which is not far from So Cal :D

Nope, not far at all. Especially in an rv with your own potty on board. That might be my favorite rv amenity. :lol:
drivingmzdazey

Postby drivingmzdazey » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:25 pm

WickedLady wrote:Welcome, Diana, from WA. Glad you found us.

Thx! I'm looking forward to visiting your beautiful state one day.
drivingmzdazey

Postby drivingmzdazey » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:44 pm

Judy, I'll see what I can find out about Verizon service. Generally speaking, it's average for those of us who live here. Old infrastructure and Verizon is slow to upgrade. I have ATT for my iPhone and and iPad - much better service. But earlier this evening my son mentioned that a new tower was supposed to be going up soon at Table Mountain. Not sure who's but he's going to try and find out. Btw, I hope your son and family are not in any danger from the fires.

Catherine, welcome to So Cal.! Don't believe everything you hear about us. We're mostly sane. :mrgreen: Enjoy the new grand baby and hope to meet you, too.

Diana
drivingmzdazey

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself