OregonLuvr

Come on in and say hello.

OregonLuvr

Postby OregonLuvr » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:55 pm

Hi I am Karen and I live in Southern Oregon on the CA/OR border. I am divorced for many many many years.......so I am definitely a SOLO RV'er. I dont travel with anyone or anything that "eats or talks"...so alas I also have no pets. I wouldnt mind a pet but my lifestyle is just not conducive to having one.

I am a Travel Nurse, meaning I take contracts for 3 month increments wherever there is a job available OR where I want to go when I want to go. I just finished an assignment in Mesquite, NV in the desert and I am still sweeping RED DUST and SAND out of my RV. I never realized it was so dang windy on the desert. Oh yeah did I mention it was getting HOT when I left???

I live in my RV while on assignment and those silly people PAY me to do that ha ha its actually cheaper for them than renting an apt, rental furniture, utilities etc...so I make out real good that way. I have a 35ft Winnebago Class A with three slides that I just love (when they are all working ahem..) I tow a Saturn so once I get where I am going I can travel around pretty economically.

Right now I am on assignment in Lebanon, Oregon its only a few hours from my house and its 22 miles from my good friend CougarFan (Laura). She actually flew down to las Vegas and drove back to Oregon with me in the MH....we had a great time. It was the first time anyone had ever traveled with me and she came in quite handy LOL I will be here until October 4th.

Beth let me know about this new site so thought I better get over here and introduce myself. Will be fun getting to know you all

Karen
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Re: OregonLuvr

Postby Sunseeker » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:02 pm

Welcome, Karen. What a great job to be able to travel and get paid doing something you love. It's nice they pay expenses too!! I bet you have seen many cool places and met people that will be lifelong friends. It's so nice to have you here on our forum!
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Bethers » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:03 pm

And it's about time you came on and introduced yourself, Karen LOL - Seriously so glad to have you join us. And as I said in Laura's post, I'm hoping to meet both of you in the spring (depending on where you take a job, of course).
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:34 pm

Hi Karen, its good to see you here. This forum is great!
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:55 pm

Well,.... looky, looky who's HERE! So glad to see you over here my friend!
Cedar518

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:20 pm

Welcome Karen from Karen in Texas (retiredhappy). If you're thru in Oct maybe you can come to the November GTG in Kerrville, Texas?
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Return to Introduce Yourself