RVing Solo

Come on in and say hello.

RVing Solo

Postby tigerorbison » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:20 pm

Hello, my name is JillB and I'm from Oregon. I am a Retired R.N. I'm thinking of purchasing a 13' Scamp trailer and just taking off.
I haven't seen most of the U.S. and figure its about time. Although there is that fear of the unknown, but I'm willing to dive in and take that chance.
tigerorbison

Re: RVing Solo

Postby MelissaD » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:05 am

Hoosier Welcome :D

Wish I was in a position to be able to just take off :lol: While small can be awesome and everyone is different, I would caution you to make sure you have the comforts to make your adventures comfortable. Every size RV has it's own level of comfort. Scamp makes a good trailer but if your out for more than a weekend, you might want a permanent bed and something more than a "wet bathroom". Figure out how you want to explore and find a RV to meet that need can make the adventure more enjoyable.

Once again, welcome JillB
MelissaD

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:20 am

Welcome from Texas. I agree with Melissa. Scamps are cute but would not be as comfortable for long term. Take a look at some Class B's, still small enough to use them as a sightseeing vehicle but more comforts of home.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Gentleladybear » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:24 am

Whatever you chose, you will soon know if it fits your needs. Just get out there and enjoy all you can see. I love the adventure of seeing what is over the next hill or around the next curve. Have found some very interesting places and want to return for another look.
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:02 am

MelissaD wrote:...you might want a permanent bed and something more than a "wet bathroom".

Welcome to the Forum!

I'll just add my 2 cents on the wet bath - I MISS MINE - wish the new trailer had a wet bath!

The "shower" enclosure in the new trailer is so small that if I still had boobs, they wouldn't fit, and I'm almost not joking. At least with the wet bath, I could get water in the entire "room". Only issue for me was it was a pretty high step (for my husband) to get in and out of the bathroom.

You can conquer your fear! Hit the road and all its adventures head on!

mitch5252

Postby Bethers » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:34 am

Welcome. I love Scamps. Just research and get one with YOUR must haves.

Hope to meet you on your adventures.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby chalet05 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:22 am

Welcome!

When I had a 30 foot 5th wheel, I didn't think I could live in anything much smaller. I now travel full time with a 12 foot truck camper which has a slide out. I had a smaller 8 foot and used it for 6 months at a time with no issue. I even learned not to mind the wet bath in the smaller camper! I am not one to use public showers, but I did with that camper more because of the small holding tank that not liking the shower.

Glad you are willing to 'dive in' as there are so many wonderful things to see and people to meet! Keep us posted!

I sent you a Private Message which will show in the heading of this site.
Anita
chalet05

Postby IrishIroamed » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:49 am

Hi Jill ~ welcome from Illinois.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Rufflesgurl » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:59 pm

HI Jill - Welcome from CA Have fun picking out your RV

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:38 pm

Welcome Jill

I am from Southern Oregon, what part are you located in. There are a few of us here in Oregon and we get together sometimes for camping, or just lunch or dinner. Let us know maybe we can meet one day.

karen
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby gypsyrose1126 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:21 pm

Welcome from WI
Rosemary
gypsyrose1126

Postby JudyJB » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:40 pm

Welcome to the forum! When I was looking for motorhomes, I wanted to be able to take my sons and their families with me (one family at a time of course) so I ended up going big. I also like my luxuries, but that is me. I have bad knees and a bad back so I wanted a recliner and a real bed. I took out the dinette and stuck in my leather recliner from home. I also can just barely move around my bed but it is enough to make it without having to crawl on it.

There are lots of women full-timing in much smaller vehicles. If you really are thinking of a small trailer, check out the blog by RVSue. She does well in her small trailer, although she also uses a large van as a tow vehicle and "storage shed" so she can carry all the things she needs. http://rvsueandcrew.net/
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby MelissaD » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:27 pm

OK, OK, does taking a shower in a "wet bath" also count as cleaning the bathroom :lol: Example of everyone has their own preference. :D
MelissaD

Postby WickedLady » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:41 pm

Welcome from WA. My 16' trailer has all the comforts of home. Hope to meet ya on the road.
WickedLady

Postby avalen » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:43 pm

Welcome Jill
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself