Will I like solo RVing

Come on in and say hello.

Re: Will I like solo RVing

Postby Dee » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:04 pm

Like you, I loved RVing with my hubby, and when he died last year, I knew I could not give it up. Besides, my grandsons (ages 4 and 5) wanted to go camping, too. We had always pulled a travel trailer, so I traded our 34 footer for a 21 footer this spring. The only thing I had never done is back up. I am learning to do that and so far it's been OK. Depending on how much you were used to driving, setting up, dumping tanks, etc., it will take you awhile to get used to doing that stuff all by yourself. The first time I went, I stayed close to home and went with some of the same friends my hubby and I had camped with. That gave me a measure of security as I got used to doing everything myself. After several spring and summer trips, I'm feeling more secure going with just the grandkids, and have had a couple of totally solo weekends. I even went out of state once, and plan to do more of that this fall. No, it is not as fun as when my hubby was with me, but it sure beats giving up RVing or staying home. There are more of us out there than you think. Last week, I camped near a group of 6 ladies who have been doing this for 5 or 6 years. Good luck and have fun!
Dee

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself