Cougarfan

Come on in and say hello.

Cougarfan

Postby Cougarfan » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:08 pm

Hi everyone! My name is Laura and I'm in the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

I am divorced and am currently between rv's. I have had a 24' travel trailer and a 21' Class C. I recently sold my C and am reevaluating my needs for camping. I'm kind of torn between a small hard sided pop up like a Chalet or Hi-Lo, or a small non-folding tt. Perhaps around 16-18'. I'm partial to the Jayco 165 but have not ruled anything out. I plan on getting another rv in a year or so (I have a friend with a rather LARGE Class A that graciously allows me to sleep on her couch from time to time so I am not completely done with camping).

I have a 4yr old Tibetan Spaniel dog named Harley. I had a chocolate lab for many years but decided to downsize this time LOL He's a total clown and makes me laugh all the time. He's more cat-like than dog-like. He likes to sit up high and survey the surroundings. I had to buy him a 4' cat tree (now a dog tree ha ha) so he could have somewhere up high to sit. I used to have my sofa in front of the window, but he would get in the window sill, fall asleep and fall out of the window onto the back of the sofa then down to the cushions, so I rearranged the furniture LOL

I work full time in state government and only have 19 more years before I can retire :shock: it seems so far away, but I know it will go by faster than I think.

I look forward to meeting everyone here!

Laura
Cougarfan

Re: Cougarfan

Postby Sunseeker » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:12 pm

A warm welcome to you, Laura. It's nice to have you aboard. When you get around to posting pictures, I'd love to see Harley. I'm not sure what a Tibetan spaniel looks like. He sounds like a sweetheart. We will never tell him it's a "cat tower'...it'll be our secret. :D

Pull up a chair here at our cyber campfire and meet the other gals. They are really a fabulous bunch. I'm sure you'll feel comfortable in no time!
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Bethers » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:18 pm

Hi Laura! Glad to see you made it. I got you activated as soon as I got off work today :)

How come I didn't know that you sold your C? I guess I wasn't listening somewhere LOL - I love how Harley has caused you to rearrange your furniture. That's so funny. And I hope to get up to meet you and Karen (OregonLuvr) next spring on my way up to Alaska - depending on where she's working then. But my plans are to do that.

I'm still chuckling about Harley - made me look at Peaches - as I've had to redo a few things in the rv because of her habits LOL The things we do for our fur babies.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cougarfan » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:21 pm

So how do I post a picture?
Cougarfan

Postby Sunseeker » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:26 pm

Do you have photobucket? If so, and you have a picture on your computer I can help you. Let me know and I'll send you a PM. Many of the gals are much more photo savvy than I, but I can pretty much break it down to "baby talk" that helps me alot! :roll:
Sunseeker Jill
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Bethers » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:30 pm

If you already know how to use Photobucket (or another online photo service) posting will be really easy. If you don't know how, say so - and one of us will have to give directions from scratch - probably need to do that anyway - in the tech room - for others, too. There is a little info in the tech room on it if you have a photo service already - and most of us use Photobucket - it's free and pretty easy.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cougarfan » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:35 pm

I have never used photobucket so I need really detailed instructions LOL
Cougarfan

Postby Bethers » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:43 pm

Laura,
I'm going to go post a basic info on photos in the tech room - will do it right now - then post to it if you need further info :)
Beth
Bethers

Postby avalen » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:43 pm

Hi there Laura, nice to meet you and I too am counting down the years
until retirement, although I'm just a tad closer than you, I only have 6
more but will work much longer until I get a mh paid for. Currently I have
a fifth wheel but no truck. Would love to see pics of your Harley, I love
Tibetans, they are just so cute.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:00 pm

Well Laura,... now you are here too,... that's great! I didn't realize you had let your C go,... Come over here to the 'daks and try camping in a Chalet,... they are small but fun.

So glad to see you are here with us.
Cedar518

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:03 pm

welcome Laura. Waiting for retirement is hard but hang in there, it eventually arrives. We're all waiting to see Harley. I travel with two Labs and that's why I have a 30'Class C.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Barbzeee » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:17 pm

Hey Laura, Glad you came to join us... and yes we are a very nosy group and love all those pictures if you noticed... and critters..wow... we can't wait .. I always have good treats too.. LOL Anyway your time will fly by... and before you know it.. you'll be heading out on that Highway... checking into all these great sites.. ... just amazing what's out here in the good ole USA... ...

God Bless

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Cougarfan » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:21 am

Okay, here it goes trying to post the pic of Harley...

Cougarfan

Postby Sunseeker » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:25 am

Yea, you now officially know how to post pictures!! Harley is gorgeous and one look in his eyes says"spunk a plenty". I hope you continue to share your story with us through pics and future posts. It's a pleasure having you here.
Sunseeker Jill
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Bethers » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:15 am

Yippee, you posted a pic. Now that you know how - go post Harley's pic in the room for our pets :)

Meanie, me - gonna make you do it LOLOL But he's such a cutie, and anyone looking at the pet pics, etc will want to see him.
Beth
Bethers

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself