Hello from Florida

Come on in and say hello.

Hello from Florida

Postby Beannie » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:05 am

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading the post on here for a month or two and knew I needed to become a member. My real name is Jeannie, I started camping a lot when I married my second husband (who loves the outdoors as much as I do). We started in tents then went to a pop up (until a tree fell on it and turned it into a taco) then back to tents then to a travel trailer and now we are in a fifth wheel. I am not much of a resort person so we do a lot of dry camping. Here is Palm Beach County you are sorta limited to were you can go, we do have a great wild life management area that we use when ever we can get away on the weekend. I just love being out in the woods hiking, fishing, and exploring.
We both love the life so much that we have set a goal that in 5 years everything will be paid off and we will move into our home on wheels and hit the road. Its really hard to wait that long especially every time we go out we DONT want to head back to our now lives.
I look forward to reading many more great stories and learning more from everyone here. I do want you to know that sometimes being on this site and reading just helps make my work day go by so much better and faster and make the dreams I have a lot more realistic. So thank you everyone :D
Beannie
Beannie

Re: Hello from Florida

Postby JudyJB » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:57 pm

Welcome to this great bunch of women! There is an amazingly wide variety of experience here, and everyone is happy to share the good and the bad with other women.

I just spent this past winter in state parks and COE parks in Florida, and there are some great places with wildlife to go. Have you been to Highland Hammocks State Park or SIlver Springs State Park? Highland Hammocks has some great trails for bikes and people. (I accidently drove my big Class C down a road really not meant for big vehicles because of overhanging branches, but it was beautiful and I survived! I swear the check-in lady told me to go straight instead of turning right.) And Tina and Liz actually got me into a kayak for the first time at Silver Springs. We paddled right up to two alligators and saw lots of birds.

P.S. I have been a full-timer for the past three years and love it!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby MelissaD » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:17 pm

Hoosier Welcome :D
MelissaD

Postby WickedLady » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:17 pm

Welcome to the forum
WickedLady

Postby Bethers » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Welcome, Jeannie! So glad to have you with us. Keep your eyes out as fall comes for some gtg's that I'm sure will be occurring in FL - always are some - some big, some small - but all are fun.

Jump in anywhere you'd like! We're a family and glad to grow!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Beannie » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:50 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome, Ladies. Judy I have been to Silver Springs but not Highland Hammocks yet. We were just up at Blue Springs for Memorial Day and had a great time. Very nice park but the camp sites are a little overgrown and if you have a big rig with lots of slides it might be hard. We were lucky, a week before we left I got a message that they changed my site due to construction, they placed us on a Host site that wasn't even on the map, it was HUGE. :D We were able to open all 5 slides and have lots of room to set up everything outside and still play horseshoes on the site. When I went and looked at the site I had originally booked it was a lot smaller then described in the description on the web site.
Bethers, now you have me wishing it was the fall so there would be a GTG close by.
Beannie
Beannie

Postby gypsyrose1126 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:18 pm

Welcome from Wisconsin
Rosemary
gypsyrose1126

Postby avalen » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:25 pm

Welcome :D
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby MandysMom » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:53 pm

Welcome Jeannie from Northern California! Look forward to getting to know you. We are a nosy bunch and would love to see pics of you and your rig ( says she who has not done that yet.ha ha).
Velda
MandysMom

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:05 pm

Welcome to the forum. I am from SW Ohio but currently parked in a small city park in western KS ready to head on over to Denver and more adventures tomorrow. A close friend of mine kept my spirits up those last years before I retired. She was right sort of those last five went pretty fast. Especially when you are working with such a focus and goal in mind. Just keep checking off the accomplishment that have to be taken care of before you hit the road and soon you will be there!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Rufflesgurl » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:31 pm

Hi Jeannie welcome to the forum from another Californian. Jeannie was my grandma's name. Your last few years will zoom by I'm sure - in the meantime, enjoy your weekend adventures!!.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby Liz » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:13 pm

Welcome to the forum. Look forward to meeting you at a future gtg in Florida.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby gingerK » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:24 pm

Welcome from the Midwest Jeannie, hope to meet you down the road somewhere.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Beannie » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:12 am

I want to thank everyone again for the warm Welcome. BirdbyBird, I have found if I don't think about it and let the craziness on my day to day life take over it helps a lot. Hey its already June, wasn't it just Christmas? :lol:
Beannie
Beannie

Postby IrishIroamed » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:53 am

Welcome from Illinois Jeannie ~ sounds like you've got a great 5 year plan. I'm new to this stuff myself so the ladies are helpful if you need them.

BirdbyBird wrote:... ready to head on over to Denver and more adventures tomorrow...
Tina - try to steer clear of Loveland north of Denver. Someone's been shooting at motorists and cyclists.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself