California Texan Saying "Hi"

Come on in and say hello.

California Texan Saying "Hi"

Postby TXCarol » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:20 pm

Hi everyone,

Thought I would stop in and introduce myself. Seems only fair since I feel I've gotten to know many of you over several months of lurking. My name is Carol and I'm from the Dallas area (Irving, if you all are familiar with the Dallas suburbs). I've been a camper of sorts for as long as I can remember. My husband and I bought a 2000 Chinook back in 2008 and loved the freedom it gave us for traveling (husband had a medical condition). I lost David in May 2014, but don't plan to give up the RV life style. I love traveling, seeing new things and meeting new people. We were on the verge of upgrading to a larger unit, so I decided to go ahead and do it. This past December I bought a new-to-me 2006 32 foot Itasca Meridian. She's a beauty and I love it! A couple friends and I made the trip to New York to pick her up and drove her straight back to Dallas. Since she was winterized, we stayed in hotels, but I couldn't have asked for a better training period. We encountered just about every driving condition you can imagine (snow, mountains, turnpikes, rain, ice...you name it). Unfortunately, I haven't been able to take her out since (other than inspection and registration - which really doesn't count). But, I am totally excited and can't wait to get out and start exploring. As soon as this silly snow melts and it warms up a bit I plan to make a run down to the Texas hill country. Blue Bonnets should be out soon. And, I hear the Texas wine country is second only to California. We'll see...I'm a California transplant, so they'll have to be awfully good to convince me. Let's see...what else...I have a daughter (only child) who just found out she's pregnant. Totally excited to be a first time Grammie. We have a toy Yorkie that we share (Max: her dog - I'm the doggy day care). And, I guess that's it. You all seem like a wonderful group of women and I look forward to getting to know each and everyone. You all take care, Carol

PS - Her name is MEA (for my Most Excellent Adventures, which I plan to have!)
2006 Itasca Meridian 32T
Soon to be towing something...
TXCarol

Re: California Texan Saying "Hi"

Postby Bethers » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:56 am

Hi Carol, and love the name MEA for the rig. Cute acronym.

Lots of folks in TX - so you should be able to gtg with some if you wish.

Glad to have you with us and jump in anywhere, anytime.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:17 pm

Welcome Carol! Look forward to getting to know you!
Velda
Northern CA
MandysMom

Postby Rufflesgurl » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:21 pm

Hi Carol - Welcome to the forum from CA. Where did you live in CA? Sorry for your loss but glad you decided to go ahead with your RV travels. You took a big plunge from a Chinook to a Meridian. Nice MH. I also have a Class A diesel. Enjoy your new adventures.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby Aggiemom » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:26 pm

Hello, Carol,

I live on the Highland Lakes west of Austin. Come on down! I'm so tired of winter. I sure hope we have a good crop of wildflowers

Im sorry for your loss. I am a widow also. I bought a Jayco class c that I named Jake. Jake and I haven't been out all winter either. And I'm ready for a GTG somewhere around here.

Welcome!
Vonda
2010 Jayco Greyhawk 31fk
Aggiemom

Postby MelissaD » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:10 pm

Hoosier Welcome :D

Glad you to see you will continue on with the adventure. Shoot, being down south like that your "camping season" should be underway. Ours will start once temps stay above freezing at night. Hoping to take ours out around the 1st of April.
MelissaD

Postby sharon » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:55 pm

So sorry for your loss....been there, done that. But welcome from SoCal! You should have stayed here, the weather is gorgeous right now! My brother lives in Lakeside, so I'm in your area almost every year.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby MandysMom » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:49 pm

Was trying to look up your Itasca to see what your baby is. Is it a diesel?
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:06 pm

A Louisiana welcome.

I have been to Dallas many times in my life. I had 2 Aunts and a cousin there and worked in Dallas 2 summers when I was going to college. I have many camping friends in Texas so I think more of my trips are to Texas than in Louisiana. My first trip this year will be with my sister to meet some friends in Conroe the week after Easter. I hope we see some Blue Bonnets. A couple of time I have done the Antique Circuit in South Texas mostly to see the Blue Bonnets. I have lived in Louisiana since the 4th grade but I was born in Wichita Falls. Every few years I have to have a Blue Bonnet fix.

Hope to see you down the road.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby IrishIroamed » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:41 pm

Hi Carol - welcome from Illinois. Sorry for you loss, but congrats on the soon to be grandbaby!

Wow that was some trip home!! Hope I do 1/4 as well as you did!
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby cnq50b » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:35 pm

Welcome, Carol.
I'm in KS if you're up this way, stop by.
Sorry about your loss, but as the others have said, glad you're still following your dreams.
Congrats on the new grand baby - when is it due?
We are a nosey bunch, aren't we? :lol:
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby longdog2 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:52 pm

Welcome from San Antonio. Your weather has been so much worse than ours but I am definitely sick of it too.
Traveling with the Longdogs
Colleen (Willy,Gretchen,Harley)

http://travelinglongdogs.blogspot.com/
2009 299RLS Jayco 5vr
F250 SuperDuty Diesel Truck
longdog2

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:29 pm

Welcome to the forum. Soon the weather will open up many more attractive possibilities for many of us. Look forward to meeting you down the road... :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby longdog2 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:32 am

Carol.....sent you a PM. Check your User Control Panel for messages. Hoping our sunshine is back to stay soon.
Traveling with the Longdogs
Colleen (Willy,Gretchen,Harley)

http://travelinglongdogs.blogspot.com/
2009 299RLS Jayco 5vr
F250 SuperDuty Diesel Truck
longdog2

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:02 am

Welcome Carol. I'm in the Texas Hill Country, Kerrville. There's a nice Passport America park here called By the River. Come on down, ya'll.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself