Hello from Chilliwack, B.C. Canada

Come on in and say hello.

Hello from Chilliwack, B.C. Canada

Postby smokey101ca » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:55 pm

Hello,
My name is Janet and I just bought an RV. I don't really know what I am doing but I'm in with both feet. So I will probably be looking for a lot of help at one time or another.

I had a car crash 2 years ago, recovery was slow and as a result I am now "retired" ????

My intention is to find "the spot" to settle down for for the winter. Chilliwack isn't that cold in the winter (it rains a lot) but Arizona, California ... would be much nicer. So I am looking to do some travelling around those areas to see the sights.

Eventually as I get bolder and figure things out I will venture further.
smokey101ca

Re: Hello from Chilliwack, B.C. Canada

Postby linann » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:06 pm

Welcome. There are quite a few forum members to meet in Arizona and California. Of course, everyone is willing to give advise and hear about your adventures. Best wishes!
Linann
Live boldly one day at a time
linann

Postby avalen » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:03 pm

welcome and wavin at ya from Arizona :D we have alot of Canadians here in Arizona for the winter
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby WickedLady » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:26 pm

Hey! Welcome aboard. AZ is fantastic in the winter and I hope to make it my winter base before long.
WickedLady

Postby Liz » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:39 pm

Welcome to the forum. Sorry about the nature of your early retirement, but glad you plan to make the best of it.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Bethers » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:58 pm

Welcome. If you make it to Arizona this winter, will look forward to meeting you.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby smokey101ca » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:27 am

Hello, I hope to make my first trip to Arizona. I started looking a while back, I saw Superstition Mountain RV resort and that's something I think I would enjoy very much. I like the pool, the activities, the woodworking shop. But maybe there is another place that is just as nice - I'm going to take a good look.

The logistics of it all - hummmm... I'm bring my cat - she needs shots (Friday). I have to make a deal with the RV place to close the deal Dec. 31 because I would like to do Christmas at home - and the cat has to have the shot 30 days prior to leaving and my son wants me to take a trip while the warranty is still "fresh" I'm getting the extended warranty - hope it is a good deal. Deep breathing exercises, it's all new. A little daunting but I am getting use to the idea of being a warm weather vagabond.

The RV place is going to teach my to dump and fill ... :-)

I'm looking forward to getting on the road.

Janet
smokey101ca

Postby MandysMom » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:29 am

Welcome to the group. So many nice people here and so very helpful you might make it down to AZ in time for the Quartzite get together. So what RV did you purchase? We are all curious as we have so many different RVs just in this group.
Velda in Northern California
MandysMom

Postby IrishIroamed » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:29 am

Hello from Illinois Smokey / Janet. Congrats on the new rig. Have fun on your travels and keep us informed of where you are and what you're doing. We love pics too so post anything, you, the rig, the cat :D ...
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:34 am

Welcome to the forum. Remember to keep breathing slow and steady as you move through your "check list" of things to do "before I fly" off on this new and exciting (and maybe just a little scary) adventure. You made it through a scary accident and its aftermath....you can make it through these butterflies just fine. There will be decisions and new discoveries and learning around every corner....enjoy is all. Questions and second guessing yourself is normal, but trust your instincts. No journey is without its bumps and surprises....embrace all that you can.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Quartzite

Postby smokey101ca » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:49 pm

hello again,

I bought a 2011 Winnebego 24v, its a cute little thing. I figured for the most part it will be big enough. Oddly enough it has a winter package. Double pane windows heated water tanks ? ? It also has air conditioning. But no generator, I'm buying a portable. :-) After reading some of the forum I don't know that I will use it but... just in case.

I am sorting out the logistics of travel. A friend who used to RV said just head down I-5 until you get warm and then turn left. So that's kind of what I am going to do.

Where can I get more information on where everyone meets at Quartzite? Since I have no agenda this is a definite possibility.

I haven't figured out pictures yet,
smokey101ca

Postby Bethers » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:29 pm

Ah, if love to have those double paned windows. Always something more to have. And if you boondock, you'll need a generator, unless you have a good solar package.

For Quartzsite, look at our gtg page and the thread on it about when we'll be meeting. Let anyone know when you're near, as some are there all winter, and I know Sheila (Snowball) would welcome you near where she'll be, and provide directions. That's where we'll be getting together in January.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:48 am

Welcome from Texas. We get a lot of Canadians down here for the Winter, too. If you consider Quartzsite you will need a generator unless you have solar as its mostly boondocking. The do have a couple of RV parks but my guess would be is that they were reserved months ago.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby MelissaD » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:38 am

Hoosier Welcome :D

Googled Chilliwack BC; appears to be a nice little town :P

As for a generator, not all generators are created equal an some a extremely loud. The little Honda EU2000i and EU3000i while a little more than a "create generator" are a better option for a RV. If yours has a compartment for a generator it is probably a better option to have a generator installed so you don't have to deal with moving or having your generator stolen. Cost wise, a good solar system is probably a better option unless you need to run AC units.

Welcome and save travels. 8-)
MelissaD

Postby gingerK » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:27 am

Janet, welcome to the forum! Ask any questions you want, the ladies here rock!
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself