Eyes Wide Open, Now the ears:)

Come on in and say hello.

Eyes Wide Open, Now the ears:)

Postby Wanderer2 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:13 pm

Hello ladies! My name is Linda and I am a rv wannabe!! So here's my story--
My husband passed away 3 1/2 years ago and we were perpetual wanderers! We didn't own an rv, he didn't think that he would like it. So we just took trips, or heck why not just move somewhere else being the adventurous spirits that we were. So after living in several states and two countries for awhile we settled down for awhile in the mountains of western North Carolina. We did everything together and I miss him horribly but am trying to get my life back in order. I don't want to stay in one place any more especially without him. So, I have been researching rvs, checking out forums and trying to decide what I want and what I can afford. I am the research queen if there ever was one:) And I probably over thinking this whole thing but can't let go of the fact that there is so much more to see and do. I am happiest checking out a new place. Sooooooooo- to make a long story short, I decided to jump in to your forum as you all seem to be a nice bunch of ladies and ask my stupid (excuse me-clueless) questions before I take the big plunge. So I can't send you a pic of my rig yet, but can send pics of snow and wnc beauty if interested.
There sure is a lot to consider when buying an rv and I think the more that I know the better decision I can make and I am glad that I found you!
Wanderer2

Re: Eyes Wide Open, Now the ears:)

Postby Bethers » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:18 pm

Welcome, Linda. Sorry about your husband, but glad to have you with us. I have a feeling you're far from clueless, but ask away. We all are good with opinions.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby gingerK » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:57 pm

Welcome to the forum, Linda! There are no stupid questions here :D
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby MandysMom » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:22 am

Welcome Linda. So sorry for your loss, but good for you taking your time figuring all this out. Lots of great people here with good ideas and opinions.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby IrishIroamed » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:58 am

Hi Linda,
Sorry about the loss of your husband, but nice to hear that you are remembering him by keeping your wandering spirit alive.
I'm right there with you on the researching part, that's about all I can do for the time being, and trust me, the ladies don't mind the questions, I've asked plenty. :?
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby MelissaD » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:42 am

Hoosier Welcome :D

Ask away! If you nave not found it yet there are You Tube channels like "RVtravel" which are a good source of knowledge. There is also a "gazillion" other how too videos posted by RV manufactures, RV dealers and anyone else with a camera. "The Fit RV" is also pretty interesting. The husband like to do experiments (like black tank flush techniques) and basic maintenance and the wife does the fitness part.

I enjoyed this video MOBILE MANSIONS: The History of RV's and Trailers Full One Hour Version by Douglas Keister https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_vLR5DCYa8

There is almost too much information out there today. But when you actually pick your new home just don't look mimic living in it. Climb on the beds, sit on the "throne", sit in the chairs and stand in the shower. It's the little things mike not being able to get comfortably dressed or watch the TV that will make difference in the long run. If you can dream it someone probably makes it or will make it for you.
MelissaD

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:58 am

Welcome to the forum......keep looking and dreaming and you will get somewhere :D There are as many different choices out there as there are us.....find what fits you and how you want to travel and live. Have fun exploring the options!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Wanderer2 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:24 am

Thank you all for your warm welcome! I look forward to learning and exploring all of my options. My plan for this winter is to get my house in order for the market in the spring. That is the only way that I can do this so I will be a busy girl. That is a good thing! I will be checking back in with you all soon. Again -thank you!
Wanderer2

Postby Liz » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:30 am

Welcome to the forum. I too started RVing after the loss of my husband, and am now full-timing. I started out small in a Class B and now have a 24 foot class C....still pretty small, but big enough for me. Have fun doing the research, go to Rv shows and walk through different models until one calls your name. Planning and dreaming is still at least half the fun.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:37 am

Sorry for your loss. Welcome to the forum. As the ladies said, no stupid questions here. I suggest a "want" list before you actually start looking. You can get sucked into the wrong rig for you just cause its so pretty. I fulltimed in a 30' class C and towed a car. Since I was workamping which meant I was in once place for three or four months having a car to drive was important and I wanted a bigger rig to live in. When I came off the road fulltime and bought a mobile home, I downsized to a 19' class B Roadtrek. Now it was more important to me that I be much more mobile and not have the problem of towing and my GPS getting me stuck somewhere making me disconnect to turn around. I can use my little rig for sightseeing, etc since its about the size of a big pickup truck. Anyway, you need to decide what you want for YOU.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby WickedLady » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:32 pm

Welcome to the forum, Linda. You will find you have lots of friends here.
WickedLady

Postby Queen » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:46 pm

Welcome! You couldn't have picked a better place to ask your questions, excellent folks here.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby Rufflesgurl » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:10 pm

Linda welcome to the forum from another Linda. Enjoy exploring your RV purchase!!

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:37 pm

Linda, welcome! It must be so hard to lose your best friend/hubby. I am sure he would approve of your new lifestyle you are planning on, and will be with you where ever you are on the road!

I have been on here for about 5 years now and still waiting to get my first RV! Taking care of my dad right now in MN, so those plans are on hold for now. But it has been fun looking and dreaming for now. I think I know exactly what I want and then I change my mind and start looking at something completely different! I guess a woman has the right to change her mind, right?! :lol:

Feel free to ask any questions you have! Do you have any pets?
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Wanderer2 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:47 pm

Thank the rest of you also for your welcome. And yes Barbara we can always change our minds :)
I can see that I have picked the right place to voice my thoughts about my new venture. This is GREAT!!
Wanderer2

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself