Hi!

Come on in and say hello.

Hi!

Postby Lisa » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:16 pm

Hi
Nice to be apart of your group. I do have a question for all of you. For those of you who full time, how do you go about getting mammograms etc? The reason I ask is we have left everything behind , including doctors and I have encountered some difficulties with making a mammogram appt. without having a doctors order? Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks!
Lisa
Lisa

Re: Hi!

Postby MandysMom » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:47 pm

I wonder if you were to visit a "doc in a box" type clinic if they could either refer you or help you figure out how?
Welcome Lisa. What kind of rig do you fulltime in? I'm not going on trips right now due to husband health but we have a short rig (Leisure Travel van) and a 40 ft a GMC bus conversion. I'm in Nirthern CA.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby gingerK » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:54 pm

Hi Lisa! Excellent question! Since I don't fulltime I'll let those who do answer.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby WickedLady » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:38 pm

Not a full-timer so can't answer your question.
Welcome to the RVing life and our forum.
WickedLady

Postby Liz » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:29 pm

I return to my hometown annually for dr. Appts. However I don't bother with a doctor's referral for a mammogram but just self-refer. I call and make an appt. at the Woman's Imaging Ctr. In Ocala, FL. Then have them send results to my family dr. and Moffitt Cancer Ctr. In Tampa where I still go annually for gyn exams.

And welcome to the forum!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby avalen » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:37 pm

just wanted to say Welcome, can't help ya with the doctor part cause even though I'm a full timer, I'm stationary. (at least for the next two years) but once I hit the road I'll be returning every winter to renew car tags and do doctor visits etc.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:58 pm

Welcome to the forum. And though I am not a full timer all I need to do here in Ohio is call the clinic and make an appointment. Is it your insurance that requires the script? I know I used to need one years ago but haven't needed one in more recent years.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Bethers » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:11 pm

Welcome. Where ever I land for a summer, I usually find a doctor for my annual well health check up and get referrals from that doctor for any tests. I now have several doctors :-)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby sharon » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:51 pm

Welcome from SoCal! Wish I could help but seems you got some pretty good advice already.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Lisa » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:48 pm

Thank you all for your responses. They have all given me something to think about. I guess I forgot to include some information about myself as I was rather anxious about this mammo stuff! My husband and I left the Bay Area (San Jose) this May. We sold our house and decided to make the leap. We have a small storage unit full of a few things but have sold off most of our possessions. My husband is a computer engineer so can work on the road. I am a biologist (plants). We have a lovely lab-border collie and two cats in our 34' 2014 Newmar Canyon Star. So far it seems plenty big. After a harrowing start (tornado in Amarillo ripped off our slide topper), we are looking to settle in and chill out for the winter (no pun intended, really, since we will be in AZ).

Thank you again !
Lisa
Lisa

Postby Bethers » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:40 pm

Make sure you check out the gtg room. There's one in Arizona in January, in Quartzsite.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:45 pm

Welcome! Where are you staying in Arizona? There is a GTG in Quartzsite in January that you are welcome to join in on if you are near there. Otherwise there are quite a few gals on here that will be traveling thru or hanging out in AZ this winter that you could meet for lunch or something, depending on where you are staying.

How do the cats do in the RV? We love photos so if you have some of your rig and pets, and can figure out Photobucket, please do share! :D

I am in MN but do not yet have "wheels", but planning to, one of these days, and then heading back south. I lived in San Diego for awhile and loved it there!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Rufflesgurl » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:18 pm

Lisa - Welcome from another Californian. Just moved to No. CA from the CA Central Coast area. Still getting settled here. For the last few years I just make a mammo appointment with the clinic where I had my last mammo.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby MelissaD » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:55 pm

Hoosier Welcome :D
MelissaD

Postby JudyJB » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:15 am

I return to my old home area once a year for doctor and dentist stuff. I just feel more comfortable with the ones I know and who know me. In between I go to urgent care places if I get sick.

I also use those trips back home to visit friends and stock up on special things I can't get elsewhere. There is a nice state park I stay in and sometimes I rent a car while I am there to make visiting easier. I also still work in my home area (online) so I visit the college and my dept chair then.

While I travel I take along copies of blood and other tests and a medical history I have put together so if I get sick a new doctor does not have to repeat stuff.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Return to Introduce Yourself