hello from cape cod

Come on in and say hello.

hello from cape cod

Postby myst » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:25 pm

Hi I'm new to this group and very new to the idea of getting a camper/trailer. A friend of mine got me here and I hope to learn a lot by "listening" to the experts here. I will be going this alone with my dogs when I do get going. I hope to make some new friends here. I'm torn between camper, a B or small C, or a small lightweight trailer.. the first of many decisions to make loll...
myst

Re: hello from cape cod

Postby Bethers » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:16 pm

Welcome and glad to have you with us. What would you like to be called?
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:28 pm

Welcome
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Cudedog » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:30 pm

Welcome.

The first bit of fun in in the hunt for the perfect travel vehicle! And "perfect" is different for everyone.

Northern California Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby IrishIroamed » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:26 am

Hi myst (Misty?) - Welcome from Illinois

I'm basically in the same position as you are. I started looking 2 years ago trying to figure out what I'd want for retirement and still haven't found the perfect A or C, but as some may say, you'll know it when you see it. I walked into a TT and loved it, so now I'm saving up to buy a TT so I can practice (dumping tanks, hooking up, and the big one towing!

Take you time, go to as many RV shows, dealers & talk to as many people as you can. The ladies here have been great at answering all my questions.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:24 am

Welcome to the forum. Step one is always dreaming and researching. Try to walk in and around as many different rigs as you can find. Us your imagination and think about how you would want to use the available space. Most of us have different styles of how we travel, what we consider wants and needs and what we WILL find room to take with us down the road and the size of our bodies and how tolerant we are of small spaces. The dogs won't care what you travel in as long as they are with you! :) As you search and stop to look at different rigs, go inside the ones that you didn't even think you wanted. They will all give you perspective of how space is used and you might discover something that you haven't thought of, yet!

Have fun and we will be here waiting to hear about your discoveries! :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby myst » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:01 am

Hello again, call me Elena :)
myst

Postby gingerK » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:26 am

Welcome to the forum, Elena! Glad you're here.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby MelissaD » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:21 am

Wow! we have experts :roll:

Hoosier Welcome :P Elena

Seriously, what one person loves will drive another nuts. Just need to figure out how you want to use it and go from there.

Size, not only what you can handle, but what will fit into say a state park or Federal sites should you make that a priority.
Boondock? Tank size and alternate power sources will be important.
Travel often or move a little and sit for a month?
What hobbies if any you wish to take with you.
Children? (2 and/or 4 legged ;) )
Do you want to be able to shower in your RV or do you plan to use the facilities. I know some people who never use the bathroom in their camper. Afraid it will leak or something :o
Play house in the unit and see if you have room in the shower, comfy on the can. Can make the bed. Sit at the table and comfortably watch TV from the sofa or do you want recliners. You get the idea. Many are flashy but heck to live in. There is an RV for every style out there.
Have fun and explore.
MelissaD

Postby Oma » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:21 pm

Welcome to the group! This is a warm and wonderful group of people that will really make you feel welcome.
Oma/Vicki
Oma

Return to Introduce Yourself