Newbie Roadtrek Owner

Come on in and say hello.

Newbie Roadtrek Owner

Postby kittygrandma » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:10 pm

Greetings Sisters! I am very happy to have found this site. On Tuesday, my husband and I will be the terrified new owners of a Roadtrek 210 Popular. I Can't believe we're spending so much money on a Class B van, and on the other hand it will be the fulfillment of a dream I've had for a long time. I look forward to traveling with him, but I also anticipate many of my own road trips, perhaps with an almost three year-old granddaughter. I've been reading through this forum and it appears to me that you take very good care of each other, that it's okay to ask "dumb" questions and be treated respectfully, and that you've found friends. You are giving me courage and for that I am very thankful!
Diane aka Kittygrandma
2015 Roadtrek 210 Popular, NW Wisconsin
kittygrandma

Re: Newbie Roadtrek Owner

Postby Carolinagal » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:04 pm

Welcome kitty grandma, I didn't notice your name, what do you want us to call you ??? You have joined a fabulous group, and we're so glad to have you and DH (dear husband ) . We have several Roadtrek people on the forum, so ask away if you have any questions. What area of the country do you live in ?? You might want to check the GTG thread and see if you're close to one coming up.

Really glad to have you,
CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby MelissaD » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:00 pm

Hoosier Welcome :D

We travel with a 3.5 year old granddaughter. She keeps things interesting. Never had a kid who would ride as well as this one. But after 350 miles ...... :lol:

Last edited by MelissaD on Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MelissaD

Postby avalen » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:05 pm

welcome :D
and if you check the forum map you'll find who lives in your area or where you plan on traveling.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby cnq50b » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:24 pm

Welcome from Kansas...

This is indeed a great group - lots of advice, caring, laughter & friendship. We're doing exactly what we warned our kids not to do - meet up with folks we met on the internet. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrats on your soon-to-happen purchase!!! I picked mine up in Florida, drove 1500 miles or so to bring it home & thought "What the heck have I done!" I didn't even want to get in it again for about a week. :lol: That was 2 years ago this month. On the way home, I met my first sister - Carolb - at an exit along the highway - so do let us know where you are or check the forum map to see where we are OR check the Get-together (GTG) thread & see if you can join the fun.

By the way, we are a nosy bunch- we love pics & hearing about your adventures - just saying... ;)

Take care,
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby IrishIroamed » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:48 pm

HI from Illinois - have fun in your travels and keep us informed of your adventures (like Catherine said - we're nosy :D )
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby carolb » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:56 am

Welcome fellow Trekker :D I've been remiss of welcoming newbies, but the "Roadtrek" of course caught my eye. You'll love your Trek if you're anything like the rest of us Trekkies. Got mine used, so not real big bucks, but yes, they're a lot of money for "so little"--but many many many benefits of having little! So, as others have asked, where are you? your name? I'm in central NY & my driveway is always available for happy campers or just weary travelers :) Enjoy!!!!
carolb

Postby kittygrandma » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:18 am

Trying to get the hang of getting information into my Profile! My name is Diane - I took the handle KittyGrandma because I had a very special grandmother who always had kitties at her farm. I want to be as special to my granddaughter as KittyGrandma was to me. I live outside of Chippewa Falls in NW Wisconsin (home of Leinenkugel beer :D ). I have space for visitors! In looking at the GTG schedule, I'm hoping I can join the Illinois sisters at Argyle Lake. Will know more after I consult with DH :lol: .
I have a profile question - how do I get my avatar in? I can delete my current one (which is nothing) but don't see how to add one.
Thanks for the welcome!
Diane aka Kittygrandma
kittygrandma

Postby Bethers » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:08 am

Hi Diane. I left for my full time adventure from Wisconsin.

As to pictures, head to the maintenance/tech room. The first thread there will help. If you have questions then, ask away there.

Welcome!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby kittygrandma » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:32 am

Thanks Beth - it worked!
Diane aka Kittygrandma
kittygrandma

Postby Bethers » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:37 pm

kittygrandma wrote:Thanks Beth - it worked!

Good job!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:15 pm

Diane, you are just over 100 miles due east of me. I am just west of Minneapolis.

Love the 'Kittygrandma' name and story! Thought maybe you had kitties. Do you have any pets? We love pets on here!

Good luck with your new RT and new adventures!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby mtngal » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:46 pm

Welcome from a Trekkie on the west coast! Happy trails!
Diana
mtngal

Postby Othersharon » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:09 pm

Welcome from central PA. I too have been remiss in welcoming everyone. But as with Carolb the Roadtrek caught my eye! I loved my RT but recently got a larger unit. But with that being said I certainly haven't any negative comments about them. They are a wonderful way to travel! I tell myself that if I could I would have kept it and used it for short jaunts! But one is enough to maintain! If you every find yourself on I 80 through PA my driveway is always open! Have fun!
Othersharon

Postby Gentleladybear » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:57 pm

Nothing like getting a new unit and learning all you can. Have fun.
Nan
Gentleladybear

Return to Introduce Yourself