Hello to all

Come on in and say hello.

Hello to all

Postby OutandAbout » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:33 pm

My New Years resolution was to join this group, after lurking for awhile. Resolution complete, now that weight has been lifted from my shoulder (tee hee). My name is Linda and I am currently single, soon to be 59 yrs old and started RVing 3 yrs ago. I have a Lance 915 truck camper. I chose this because I didn't want to tow anything (read chicken). I absolutely fell in love with this unit. When I climbed in I knew this was it!! Sort of like a feeling washed over me, if that makes sense. Anyway, I'm not a real camper, more of a traveller. I consider my travels more as quests, going to outlet malls, finding certain road food, hitting the beach, etc. Hope this post works. I am now going to check out the rest of the forum now that I'm legal. Take care all. Linda
OutandAbout

Re: Hello to all

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:42 pm

Welcome! Glad you decided to say Hi. I joined a while back but have recently come back on again. Everyone has been very friendly & helpful. Hope you enjoy it! :D
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby Paulette » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:25 pm

Welcome Linda. Enjoy and share when you can.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:09 pm

Linda, welcome. Sounds like you are quite content with your decision and travels. Good for you. Can't wait to see pix of your Lance. Had a friend who was interested in one.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby Carolinagal » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:23 pm

Welcome Outandabout. I Like your name. Are you always on the road or just when you want to be? Does your Lance have a slideout? I've seen some of the truck campers that did, not sure what make though. Glad you joined our forum, I think you'll enjoy. If you have any questions about anything, someone here can answer or help you find the answer.
So glad you joined, think you made a good resolution to start your year out, by joining in here. The real biggy is, you kept your resolution. Not many people are able to do that :lol:

Take care, sure glad you're here

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby Liz » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:08 pm

Welcome Linda, glad you spoke up! When you get a chance, post a picture of your camper...we love pictures! That's the same reason I bought my B van....didn't want to tow anything. (Although after reading all the collective experience on this forum, I now believe I could) Enjoy perusing the posts and just jump right in the discussions anywhere you want.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Welcome, Linda!
I believe you're the first truck camper I've seen on the forum. What fun!
Post often.
AlmostThere

Postby avalen » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:30 pm

Welcome Linda, I've had two truck campers in my lifetime, I like them. Can't wait
for pics of your Lance, did you get the one with the slide out?
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Cedar518 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:39 pm

Welcome Linda!

Way back in 1972 I bought my first camper,... a Wolverine truck camper. What fun it was. I looked at the Lance campers a few years ago and they are awesome! You have a great rig,.... I'm looking forward to seeing some pics of it and you as you are out there enjoying it!

I'm so glad that you made good on your New Year's resolution and joined us. This is where good friends meet,... there is always room at the campfire for more chairs. I'm really glad you are with us in the circle! :D
Cedar518

Postby Bethers » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:22 pm

Hi and Welcome, Linda.

Yep you make perfect sense about the feeling when you got inside your camper. Exactly how I felt when I searched and searched - until I found my little Class C - it just fits :) And each of us has something different that will be our fit.

Glad you decided to join, and please, make yourself right at home here - jump in anywhere you wish.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:20 am

Welcome, Linda....yes, we're a "wild and crazy" bunch.... :lol: We have lots of fun....lots of great info for Rving/camping.....and of course, lots of caring for each other....join in the fun.....I'm sure you'll fit right in.... ;)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Orchid » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:33 am

Welcome Linda. My dad and I shared ownership in very used truck camper years ago. Nothing worked on it. But we still took all the foster kids out camping. We all enjoyed it. You're starting the year off right by joining us.
Cheryl
Orchid

Postby dcricket » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:03 am

Welcome Welcome Welcome Linda. What a Wonderful way to start the New Year. Certainly glad you came on in. Yup...I sure do know that feeling when you find "the one". Like Dr. Evil and Mini Me of Austin Powers movie fame...
"you(the RV) complete me." :ugeek: Where abouts do you prefer to travel? Ever get SoCal way, give a shout. :) Have a great weekend.
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
2020 Forrest River Rockwood Mini 2104S Travel Trailer
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 1LZ
dcricket

Postby Nasoosie » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:08 am

WELCOME, LINDA!!!

Can't wait to see some pics of your truck camper, both inside and out, as this is an option I considered at one time, but got sidetracked when a trailer came up on sale. I still like the idea of not having to haul something behind me, and, especially, when I have to back up, or park!!!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:09 am

Let me add my welcome to the other's. Glad you came aboard. Where are you? Where are you planning on going this summer?
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself