Newbie-Brenda from NC

Come on in and say hello.

Newbie-Brenda from NC

Postby berrywell » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:36 pm

Hello, ladies! I joined quite some time ago, but got distracted and haven't introduced myself, sorry for my rudeness! I am Brenda, age 50, long time RV'r from the lovely mountains of NC. I recently sold my house, bought a 33 travel trailer, and by August hope to be full time living in it, so excited! My teen daughter is going off to college next year, and I have always said when that time came, rather than be a morose empty nester, I would just pack in to an RV and start a new chapter in my life too...and I am doing it! My daughter is 100 percent supportive, even says she would love for me to bring the RV to near where she will be going to college, but I told her that defeats the purpose of growing up and moving out, lol. I have an affinity for older RV's, since I am chemically sensitive and the newer ones set off my lungs and eyes with the chemicals they treat them with, so I happily seek and restore the older, pre-1994 models. My new "baby" is a 1986 Fleetwood Wilderness that is spotless, charming and way bigger than I had planned on, but I just fell in love with it after looking at many, many others. I have always had motor homes, and this is only my second travel trailer (tiny little Shasta before, much easier to tow) so this will be a learning curve. I will no doubt need to pick your brains along the way. Delighted to find such a group. My dear friend Velda (Mandy'smom) invited me here, and I look forward to sharing with and learning from you all. (oh, and this is my first "forum", have only been familiar with "groups" before, so pardon any mistakes as I learn the ins and outs of posting properly :)

Brenda
berrywell

Re: Newbie-Brenda from NC

Postby Bethers » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:43 pm

Welcome, Brenda, glad to have you with us.

The only proper about us is respecting each other. Oh, and trying to post in the right rooms so we can find the info later lol

Love that you restore older rigs. I have an mcs friend and I also have lesser sensitivities, so understand that. Now if we could convince the world to go perfume free, what a big step that would be.

Looking forward to your new adventures and traveling along.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:45 pm

Brenda, Welcome, and don't forget to check out the GTG thread. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby MandysMom » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:19 pm

Hey! Brenda so glad to see you pop in.
MandysMom

Postby cnq50b » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:40 pm

Welcome, Brenda. Looking forward to following along on your adventures. Glad you've joined this group - these gals are great!!! :D
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby IrishIroamed » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:50 pm

Welcome Brenda - pleased to meetcha! How ambitious restoring old TT. Post pics - we love to be nosy :D

Bethers wrote:... Now if we could convince the world to go perfume free, what a big step that would be...

I'll second that - BIG TIME!
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby WickedLady » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:31 pm

Welcome from WA state.
WickedLady

Postby MelissaD » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:15 pm

Hoosier Welcome :D
MelissaD

Postby avalen » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:39 pm

welcome :D
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Rvlifeontheroad » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:00 pm

Howdy Brenda

I'm in NC also. Will be hitting the road either Aug. 31st or Sept. 1st. I pick up my very first tt this week. I bought a 1969 Shasta. I'd have left sooner but I have concert tix and con tix for this area until then.

I'm heading straight to Fresno. Can't wait to get back to my friends for the football season :D

Michelle
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do
Rvlifeontheroad

Postby cpatinjones » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:30 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Return to Introduce Yourself