NEW FROM CENTRAL OKLAHOMA.

Come on in and say hello.

NEW FROM CENTRAL OKLAHOMA.

Postby BurninDaylight » Tue May 27, 2014 3:34 pm

Hello everyone. My name is Barb, and I have finally decided to join the forum after a few weeks of lurking as a visitor. For the past 25 years my life partner and I have been dreaming of being able to enjoy the RV lifestyle, and well, two weeks ago we bit the bullet and purchased our first brand new RV. It's a 39.5' Alpine fifth wheel 3495FL. We have had a couple of older and smaller RVs over the years, so are not completely new to using and maintaining one. I am so excited about the new fifth wheel, and can't wait to take it out for the first time. So far I have only pulled it from the dealership in Wichita Falls to Edmond OK to the storage. Right now I'm unable to even open the slides in the storage lot, so a midweek local RV park outing is planned for sometime in the next couple of weeks to put a few things in it and take that annoying plastic off of the mattress.
I have already retired from a lifetime career with the local telephone company (Southwestern Bell Telephone), but will have to wait another 6=12 months for my SO to get out of the workforce and join me. Once that happens, that RV will be put to use a lot. If I can figure out how to post pics, any advise on how to do that would be appreciated, then I will put a post under the Rigs section.
The meatball and the sauce

BurninDaylight

Re: NEW FROM CENTRAL OKLAHOMA.

Postby mitch5252 » Tue May 27, 2014 5:42 pm

Welcome to the Forum, Barb!! We're glad you joined us.

Holy Moly - 39.5'!!!! You just jumped right in with both feet, eh? That's a small house. How exciting.

There are some instructions in the Maintenance/Tech Forum for posting pictures here. If, after reading, you're still having trouble, post again and we'll walk you through it. It's a bit daunting at first, but once you get the hang of it - easy peasy.

Can't wait for pictures.
mitch5252

Postby IrishIroamed » Tue May 27, 2014 6:09 pm

Hi Barb - welcome to the forum from Illinois. Congrats on the rig - wow - big is right!
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby retiredhappy » Tue May 27, 2014 6:16 pm

A big Texas welcome. How about coming to the Kansas GTG (check out in the GTG section) so we can meet you guys and check out your new rig.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby cnq50b » Tue May 27, 2014 6:28 pm

Welcome, Barb.
Yes, do consider coming to the KS GTG so we can meet you both & see the new rig! :D
I'm probably not too far away from you - in the Kansas City area. Stop by if you venture out this way.
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby MelissaD » Tue May 27, 2014 8:27 pm

Hoosier Welcome :D

That's the front living room model right? Googled it and looks like a very nice rig so congrats :P Perhaps we'll get to see you at the KS get together.
MelissaD

Postby avalen » Tue May 27, 2014 8:35 pm

welcome :D
looking forward to pictures as I have a fifthwheel too but its only 29', and plenty big. Can't imagine 39' You'll have so
much fun relaxing around the country.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby WickedLady » Tue May 27, 2014 9:25 pm

Welcome to the forum from the Pacific Northwest.
WickedLady

Postby MandysMom » Tue May 27, 2014 9:53 pm

Welcome to the Women RV group! My hubby and I get back to Guthrie every so often and if things improve for him healthwise we may make it back in fall this year.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Deeann » Wed May 28, 2014 1:29 am

Welcome!
Deeann

Postby BayouLady » Wed May 28, 2014 5:34 am

Welcome to the forum from the bayou of Louisiana!
Laissez les bons temps rouler

Bonnie, Alexis and BECK
ImageImage
BayouLady

Postby FancyFree » Wed May 28, 2014 7:21 pm

Welcome BurninDaylight from Central Florida. MERRRcee, that's a big rig. :shock:
Wishing you many happy travels in it.
Fancy
FancyFree

Postby cpatinjones » Wed May 28, 2014 8:38 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby Colliemom » Sat May 31, 2014 6:29 am

Welcome Barb. My first reaction at your picture was "Wow, that's a house on wheels for sure". Looks like you will really enjoy it. Make a good full timing rig. I too hope you will consider the KS GTG, would love to meet you. If you are ever in MI, give me a holler.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Bethers » Sat May 31, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi and Welcome, Barb - to you and your SO. I love the name "Meatball" - loved your story about it in another post. So while I'm late responding to any of your posts, know that I read them and have been chuckling about the truth in that story ever since.

Hope you get out for your test run shortly and look forward to traveling with you here on many of your adventures - and hopefully meeting you and your SO somewhere on the road.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself