Rosie, the puppies and I are back

Come on in and say hello.

Rosie, the puppies and I are back

Postby BayouLady » Mon May 26, 2014 8:14 pm

A lot of newbies, so I figured I would start here since I've been gone for a few months now. My name is Bonnie, live in Southern Louisiana, have two canine children that are my traveling partners. Alexis, rotador and Beck, Doberman. Beck has made a year with his battle with sarcoma and doing great! He is still on the chlorambucil, but now just getting it every other day. Bloodwork has been good and he has x rays scheduled at the end of June.

We have made it out for two trips so far at a local start park. The first one, not good but we stuck it out. The spot was sloppy, every spot has a picnic table but ours was unusable. It was freezing cold that first night and I couldn't get the pilot light on :( If that wasn't bad enough, wake up the next morning to discover I did not pack a coffee cup, just wine glass lol. We did managed lots of walks til that night when the boy scouts invaded the place. Beck was not happy with all the electric scooters going around and the screaming, this was Friday night, Saturday a lot of rain and wind was expected so they didn't stay a second night :). Sunday, we were back home. For the next trip, I scouted out a better spot and our following trip was fabulous. So much quieter and dryer so we were able to enjoy a lot of time outside and more space between campers so I didn't hear a door slamming all night. I look to go back one more trip at the end of June and then I need to figure out how to get Rosie covered (not good with heights) and she'll have a break til fall.

Note to self, make a list, double and triple check that everything needed is packed. I now have a coffee cup that stays in the camper so that won't happen again. Oh as for the pilot light, it turned out to be air in the line so all good :D
Laissez les bons temps rouler

Bonnie, Alexis and BECK
ImageImage
BayouLady

Re: Rosie, the puppies and I are back

Postby FancyFree » Wed May 28, 2014 7:31 pm

Welcome back, BayouLady, from Central Florida. Wine glass? Check. Coffee mug? Check. Good to go.
By the way, those two "puppies" look to have some size on them.
Wishing you fun and safe travels (minus the Boy scouts).
Fancy
FancyFree

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed May 28, 2014 7:59 pm

Glad to know that you were continuing to explore the traveling life while you were absent from the forum......We missed your but the most important part is that you have bee out there refining your packing lists :) and learning and having adventures.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby cpatinjones » Wed May 28, 2014 8:50 pm

Welcome back.
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby BayouLady » Wed May 28, 2014 9:59 pm

Fancy, they may be big dogs, but they both are so much big babies.

Can not under estimate the power of lists, from meals to necessities its best to triple check than forget.
Laissez les bons temps rouler

Bonnie, Alexis and BECK
ImageImage
BayouLady

Return to Introduce Yourself