Hi, I'm new here

Come on in and say hello.

Hi, I'm new here

Postby grammaann » Thu May 08, 2014 8:21 am

My name is Grammaann (Ann), and I've been lurking for a while. Decided I wanted to join in, so here I am. I've been camping/RVing all my life. My parents and I would tent camp, then went upscale to a fold-out tent trailer. Mom was glad to get up off the ground. My husband and I have used tents, pop-ups, travel trailers, motorhomes, and I now have a 5th wheel. Hubby passed last July and now I'm going to go back to my favorite activity - RVing!!!! I'm looking at a mini motorhome for little trips locally. The 5er is set up on a lake (it is huge and neither son or I want to haul it around.)

Off to start planning.
grammaann

Re: Hi, I'm new here

Postby retiredhappy » Thu May 08, 2014 9:12 am

Welcome from Texas. Glad to see you want to continue RVing. I downsized to a 19' Roadtrek and I love it. Its very comfortable for me and my two dogs and so easy to throw a few things in and go. If you're looking used, check out www.vantasticvans.com. I bought mine from them and had it delivered. I was impressed with the quality of their service. Ask for Wilson if you ever call and don't accept the listed price. I played the little old lady with limited money" card and it worked.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Thu May 08, 2014 9:19 am

Welcome, Ann. Glad you decided to come out from lurker mode. Have fun finding the right rv for you. I love my smaller Class C. Just replaced my old one with newer. I find it the perfect rig for me. Sorry for the loss of your husband.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Othersharon » Thu May 08, 2014 9:38 am

Welcome, Ann. So sorry about your husband. Good that you have decided to continue rv'ing. I got a Roadtrek be decided I needed something with more headroom so got a 22 footer with higher profile. Jury is still out as to it being a B+ or small C! But still small enough for me to feel comfortable driving and parking. Where are you from? These gals can offer up lots of help and tips! Happy hunting!
Othersharon

Postby Rufflesgurl » Thu May 08, 2014 10:24 am

Ann, welcome from the central coast of CA. Sorry for the loss of your husband. Glad to see you will again enjoy RVing!

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby grammaann » Thu May 08, 2014 10:57 am

I just now found where the profile is located. I'm from Texas. A small town name of Benbrook. Its sw of Fort Worth.
grammaann

Postby WickedLady » Thu May 08, 2014 11:38 am

Welcome, Ann, from WA state.
WickedLady

Postby avalen » Thu May 08, 2014 1:06 pm

welcome :D
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby MandysMom » Thu May 08, 2014 3:08 pm

Welcome. I love my 22ft Leisure Travel van and find it easy to drive and has all amenities I need.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby monik7 » Thu May 08, 2014 3:19 pm

Welcome from the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby sharon » Thu May 08, 2014 3:35 pm

Welcome from SoCal! So sorry about your hubby...there's a few of us widder women on here, doing what we did with our DH's. Just not willing to give up the fun stuff! I go to Ft. Worth quite often, usually once a year, I have a bro in the area, nw of there.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Deeann » Thu May 08, 2014 5:58 pm

Welcome!
Deeann

Postby gingerK » Thu May 08, 2014 6:12 pm

Welcome from IL Ann! Glad to have you aboard now. I'm sorry to hear about your husband. Good luck in your search for a MH, the gals on here are a great help with insight on what to look for.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby MelissaD » Thu May 08, 2014 7:07 pm

Hoosier Welcome :D

Sorry about the loss of your husband but glad your still RVing. Check out the Get Together thread and say hello if you're in the area.
MelissaD

Postby cnq50b » Thu May 08, 2014 7:36 pm

A midwest welcome.
Sorry for the loss of your husband - but as the others have said glad you're planning on getting back on the road. I love my travelin' van. It's just right for me & my furchild. :D Maybe you'd consider coming to the KS GTG in Sept to meet some of the group. Be sure to check out the Get together section for info on it & other opportunities to connect up with gals in the group.
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself