Introducing myself: CarolS

Come on in and say hello.

Introducing myself: CarolS

Postby CarolS » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:14 am

Hello! I purchased a Winnebago Travato on April 23, 2014. I have not taken possession of it yet, but will by sometime late May. I currently live in east central Illinois, but hope my little house has sold - (inspection was this week) - and that by the beginning of June I will be living full time in my Travato. I have been reading some of the blogs and am anxious to get through with the tedium of selling possessions and storing a few, so I can begin my new traveling life. I have family and friends in many parts of the country, so hope to spend time visiting while meeting new friends in parks along the way. I did live full-time in an old RV when I got out of the Navy from 1995-1997. Spent that time in Texas. I am going to be traveling with my Chihuahua mix - 'Taco' (named by my granddaughter - who works with Bandaid animal rescue), and MAYBE my chocolate lab - 'Ace' - who was owned by my son, Earl, until his death in Dec 2010. He weighs 70 lbs and on the way back from the RV purchase he quietly chewed through my rear seat belt - guess he was bored. Don't know if he will get along on the road yet or not. May have to leave him with some family members if he proves to be destructive. He had a bone laying right next to him on the seat - maybe he got confused on what he could chew. He has not had chewing problems living in the house, so this is not good news for me. Well, I guess that's all for now. I hope to be writing more in the future. Blessings, Carol S
CarolS

Re: Introducing myself: CarolS

Postby MelissaD » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:44 am

Hoosier Welcome :D

I looked up the Travato and it looks like a great RV. Personally, I'd want more room to full time in but we each have our own needs that's why they make a gazillion different RV's :lol:

Check out the Get Together thread you may wish to stop by KS in September. Best of luck and maybe one day we'll see you down the road.
MelissaD

Postby cnq50b » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:07 pm

Welcome to the group, CarolS.

I, too, looked up the Travato - looks cool. Can't wait to see pics of yours. I'm in KS so if you're ever passing through feel free to stop & park in the driveway for a night or two. :D And yes, if you can make the KS GTG in Sept, we'd love to have you.
Good luck with the house & down-sizing. Hope to meet you down the road.
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby WickedLady » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:46 pm

Welcome to the forum, Carol. Good luck selling your house. Let us know if you ever head out for the west coast; there's lots of us out here too.
WickedLady

Postby avalen » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:33 pm

welcome :D
Love the B+'s and hope to meet you on the road sometime
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:53 pm

Hi Carol S. I just traded in my original rig for a new Winnebago Minnie this month. A little bigger than what you'll have, but looked yours up and love it. Keep us up to date with your travels and maybe you'll get a chance to meet many. also check our the get together room and see if you can join in on any of those.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:07 pm

CarolS, welcome to the forum. May the next weeks go by full of progress towards you goals and get you out on the road looking up friends and relatives and meeting folks who will then become friends.... :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Phoenix » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:06 pm

congrats on the RV hope you have many wonderful adventures with it.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Postby Deeann » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:32 am

Welcome to the group!
Deeann

Postby IrishIroamed » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:26 am

Welcome to the forum Carol S from another Illinoisan - have fun in your Travato.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:29 am

Welcome from Texas. Hope you might be able to make it to the GTG in Kansas.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby gingerK » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:33 am

Welcome CarolS! I'm in IL too, but not a fulltimer-yet anyway! I have Labs too!
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby cpatinjones » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:48 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby Colliemom » Fri May 02, 2014 6:01 am

Welcome and congratulations on the new rig CarolS. I can feel the excitement in your introduction that you are getting antsy to sell that house and hit the road. I know you will have fun seeing family and friends and making new friends plus seeing this beautiful country we call home.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby CarolS » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:48 pm

Thanks to everyone who welcomed me to the forum.. I do not know the lingo, so will have to read more to find out what all the three letter acronyms mean, inviting me to things. I am tonight spending my 4th night on my own in the Travato. I sold my house as planned, sold everything I own except personal things, which I've found are waayyy too numerous for storing in this B+ rig. I cannot use my table, for instance, because, two suitcases of clothes and numerous plastic containers full of left over food supplies take up residence there. I did leave the chocolate lab with my son in Houston, and spent about 3 weeks there playing with grandchildren, gardening, and visiting friends and family. Took off on my own after adding a cargo carrier and a bike rack to the back end of my 'home' on July 3. The first disaster is that the refrigerator door came undone at the top screw, so, being it happened on fourth of July weekend, I am stopped at the Camping World north of El Paso waiting for them to open Monday morning to fix it. I have warranties on absolutely everything, so can't imagine it is going to cost me anything to have them fix it. Three nights in the KOA park in Van Horn, TX, cost me about $100, plus I bought the membership. This night at Camping World with my Good Sam membership is $27.00. I am becoming concerned that I cannot live spending this kind of money every time I stay in a park, and am looking into 'boondocking', though, I have first to figure out what I can use and not use when not connected to power, water, and sewer lines. Any advice?
CarolS

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself