Greetings from Oklahoma

Come on in and say hello.

Greetings from Oklahoma

Postby ediemarie » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:39 pm

hello - we purchased our first RV last October, 2010 Coachman Freelander 28ft.

we've taken 2 trips. 1)just an overnighter, an hour away from home. all went well other than the fact we forgot to bring any clothes! (other than what we were wearing) 2)trip to ALBQ. quite the distance in one day with a 30-35mph head wind most of the way. lots of rest stops on the way, so I could pry my hands off the steering wheel. the drive home was great! felt like I could have driven the "Ediemarie" forever.

the we I speak of, myself and SO of the last 35yrs and our 3 girls, Tina, stray Chihuahua like dog, Lucy, stray Bischon like dog and Daisy, a very long stocky bulldoggish dog we inherited from SO mom.

always had plans of seeing the country at our own pace and had to be able to take the 'girls' with us. looking forward to our next trip, another weekender to Arbuckle Lake in southern Oklahoma. really looking forward to our first extended trip just not sure where or when.

just want to say hello - EM
ediemarie

Re: Greetings from Oklahoma

Postby Deeann » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:58 pm

Welcome to the site from a Tulsa girl! Chime in anywhere and ask questions. We love hearing about everyone's trips and adventures. I've never gone on a trip without taking clothes but I did forget to take bath towels once. I have a great packing list that I use now when I travel. I've refined it over the years and I no longer forget to pack anything.

Well, now wait.....I just lied to you. I did go to Springfield, Ill years ago at Christmas. Went with a friend of mine to visit her family. I took my suitcase with me but I had all my shirts on hangars instead of in the suitcase and I went off and left every one of them at home, hanging on the door knob. Got to Springfield before I realized it. Of course it's Christmas and all the stores are closed. But I made it through.
Deeann

Postby WickedLady » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:11 pm

Welcome to the forum.
WickedLady

Postby Queen » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:22 pm

Welcome from IL.

The forgetting clothes made me LOL!! I went camping right after high school graduation with my best friend, we remembered clothes and beer... but forgot to bring any food. Ended up trading beer for sandwiches with the guys a couple of camp sites over. :mrgreen:
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby sharon » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:15 pm

Welcome from the left coast....I forgot hubby's underwear and socks one time....hard to find when you're towing a boat and not much around. LOL! We've got a great GTG started in Sept in Kansas, you and your SO are more than welcome! Look under the GTG thread, Canning Creek.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:34 pm

Welcome to the forum..... There was the time I carefully packed to drive down and visit Sarah in Huntsville one October and the only shoes I had were the sandals on my feet...... :) It gets chilly in October not to mention hiking trails with dogs.... :roll: Some inexpensive Walmart purchases were made...plus sox.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Rufflesgurl » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:38 pm

Welcome from the central coast of CA. Usually overpack clothes but I have taken off without having enough meds.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby Bethers » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:17 pm

Great intro, you have everyone chuckling along with you. Being full time, I can't forget things. Well, that was true until I started towing a car. I was so used to everything being with me I left my purse when going grocery shopping, more than once. And I now forget my camera all the time.

Glad to have you both, and fur babies, with us.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby cpatinjones » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:42 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby avalen » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:11 pm

welcome :D
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby MelissaD » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:57 pm

Hoosier Welcome :P

We pack the camper as a 2nd house to make it more difficult to forget something but it does not always work. Was a nice day when we left so I ended up forgetting my jacket. Dropped down into the mid 50's. Ended up driving 1.5 hours back home to get it the next day. I keep a jacket in the camper now, along with a change or two of clothes ;)
MelissaD

Postby Phoenix » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:14 pm

Hello welcome
Phoenix
Phoenix

Postby MandysMom » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:36 am

Welcome from northern California! I'm a native Californian married nearly 38 years to an okie who was born in Bartlesville. His sis and their Dad still live in Guthrie and we visit when we can.
All of us have stories,about forgotten or sometimes just hidden in the coach when you want them items. I went to Oregon once for two weeks and discovered when I got there I had forgotten my BP pills! Not a good thing. I too have lists I check.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby ediemarie » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:50 am

Queen wrote:Welcome from IL.

The forgetting clothes made me LOL!! I went camping right after high school graduation with my best friend, we remembered clothes and beer... but forgot to bring any food. Ended up trading beer for sandwiches with the guys a couple of camp sites over. :mrgreen:

would have to be a really nice sandwich for me to give up a beer!
ediemarie

Postby ediemarie » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:02 am

thanks so much for the warm welcome! had a feeling we weren't the only ones forgetting things.

got the Ediemarie all washed and waxed ready for this weekends little trip. good lord there are a lot of things on that thing to armor-all!

hoping the weather cooperates, we're hoping to play a little corn-hole (bean bag toss game). received a set as a gift and haven't been able to play yet. great game if you haven't played.

decided on the way to work today to take a day of leave so we can leave a day early for the lake! i'll regret it later on in the year when I'm wanting to take off but ya never know what the future's going to throw at you.

safe and happy travels and once again, what a great welcome to the forum!
ediemarie

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself