Hello - just joined up

Come on in and say hello.

Hello - just joined up

Postby asirimarco » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:51 am

My name is Ann - travel with my husband Bill. We've driven our motorhomes from Alaska to Argentina. One trip to South America in 1978 with 5 kids. Just the two of us to Alaska a few years ago. Also been in Baja and spent a couple months in Mexico last year. Traveled most of central and western US and now live in Indiana so will travel the eastern states. We also have an AlfaSeeYa since 2002 - love it. Tow our Jeep Liberty at all times. 5 years ago moved from Los Angeles, CA (after 40 years) to Las Vegas for four years and now live in south central Indiana - quite a cultural shock.
asirimarco

Re: Hello - just joined up

Postby Carolinagal » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:07 am

Hello and Welcome. Talk about a traveler, that is quite an impressive intro. Envy will be a hard thing to overcome for all who read it. I have traveled a lot of miles but surely not seen a speck of the area you have. Are you set for a lot of questions for the different areas you've been and do you by chance have some pictures you could post? This a great place with a really great group of ladies. I think you will really enjoy yourself.
Again Welcome!!!
Carol
Carolinagal

Postby asirimarco » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:13 am

Thanks for hello - haven't figured out the picture posting thing yet but lots of pictures on my web site www.movingon1.com of 1978 trip and 2007 trip to Mexico. We've had motorhomes since 1972 - only way to go camping with 5 kids. BTW - my name is Ann Carol but am Carol to family and friends
with diesel at $5 per gal - we are just sitting home and working on the house we bought here in Indiana a year ago. Nashville, IN is a breautiful little tourist town in the hills. Lots of country music and bluegrass music around here.
asirimarco

Postby Sunseeker » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:16 am

Hi Carol, and welcome. I can't wait to read lots more about your many adventures. Envy is right! Make yourself comfortable here and as you think of questions, just ask away.
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby SeeyaGal » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:06 am

Welcome Carol!
Oh Lordy you have gone on more adventures than I did with my Seeya! Were you with the Escapees group Chapter 8 to Guanajuanto in 2007?
We LOVED it there!!! Same with San Miguel Allende!! DH would love to talk to your hubby about the Seeyas. Ours is a 2004 we are #1590
As you know Johnny Crean has shut down the factory. If you want good quality service work done on the coach check out Charlies Service in Sunset Utah. I have their information in my links on my website.
Welcome aboard and I have to ask....Do you drive your Seeya? :D
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby SeeyaGal » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:07 am

Also loved what you did inside the motorhome!!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby avalen » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:26 am

OH MY GOODNESS! you've been EVERYWHERE!!
Welcome and I'm glad you found us. We are a friendly bunch of ladies and
always have room for more stories around the campfire.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Liz » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:27 am

Welcome to our forum! Your blog site looks very interesting, I'll enjoy reading it all with your pictures.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby asirimarco » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:36 am

Thank you all for the responses - makes me feel welcome. Did figure out adding one picture - but not where I wanted it - oh well
SeeYaGal - no I don't drive it - do you? Also when we went to Mexico we went alone. Have made quite a few changes inside the SeeYa - our number is around 842 somewhere I can never remember unless I look it up. Do you belong to the Yahoo group?
asirimarco

Postby SeeyaGal » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:07 pm

Hi Carol, Yes Dan is on the yahoo groups
I can drive mine but I hate to drive it, I have never driven it alone.....I did one time with our Tropi-Cal by National ( who also went belly up)
I'm better at parking than driving...just too big to me but a piece of cake to Dan since he supervised city buses and drove them and also drove tour buses so he is use to that size for 30 yrs.
I have noticed you took out the sofa and the big recliners.....alot of Seeya owners are doing the same. Interesting what you did to the dinnette a combo of chairs and booth all in one...how kool!
Loved your photo's!
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Postby Bethers » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:38 pm

HI Carol!
I'm so glad you came on over here. I really think you'll enjoy this group and these women.

Carol is on one of my website groups - and I posted there about our new forum and she said she couldn't join cuz she was married, and I said ALL women are welcome - marital status doesn't matter and I wanted to see her here LOL

I had intended to talk to you before I went to Mexico this winter, but that trip is on hold, as I decided my trip to Alaska is more important to me at this time in my life, so I'm sitting in TX for longer than planned and will then work my way up to Alaska next summer.

If you have questions about the pictures, just ask. Glad to see you with us :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:22 pm

Welcome. Wow, I'm really impressed with where you've gone on your trips. As Beth said, ALL women are welcome here. Some don't drive their rigs and some, like me, are fulltimers traveling alone with their furkids. Looking forward to you posting some photos (thru Photobucket). I'm in the process of painting my cupboards and would to see what you've done with your rig.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Gentleladybear » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:51 am

Welcome to the forum.

Know the area of Nashville Indiana quite well. Beautiful area. I stayed in the State park there for about 4 days, got to know the park rangers and the covered bridge there quite well too. Did you know you shouldn't try to drive through a covered bridge. Just sharing my knowledge here. LOL

Welcome and well look forward to your posts.

Nan
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby asirimarco » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:08 am

Did you visit the BeanBlossom Bridge too?Image
asirimarco

Postby Sunseeker » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:30 am

What a pretty winter scene!
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly