Hello

Come on in and say hello.

Hello

Postby Phoenix » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:45 pm

I guess I probably have several of you at a disadvantage, I am Phoenix (nickname) and I am Melissa's girl friend. I'm not big on boards but will glance over them on occasion, however since it appears some of you will have the dubious pleasure of meeting this old crone come Sept. in Kansas City I thought I might ought to join the board. I am 50 (wow still hard to believe I have lived this long) Melissa & I have been together since 2002. My real name is Melony, Melissa hung the nickname Phoenix on me because I tend to crash & burn, but have not got the good sense to stay down. I make jewelry, and numerous other crafty things :) Jack of all trades Master of none as they say. I do not really take crafting supplies on camping trips if I did the camper would quickly get filled up. LOL That is it for the night, if you have questions feel free to ask, but be warned I am very blunt.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Re: Hello

Postby Bethers » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:11 pm

Welcome. Blunt is good. I have to say that because I am, too.

Glad you joined also. You'll get to know people better before meeting up face to face. Then again maybe you'll decide to run lol.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby VickieP » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:04 pm

Welcome, Melony! I thought that might have been you when I was verifying your info to make sure you weren't a spammer. 8-) can't wait to meet you in September.....unless like Beth says & you decide we're just too much, nah, but we do have our times! :lol:
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby Queen » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:09 am

A "family" welcome from IL! My honey and I are in the shopping/considering a camper process right now, we're 53 and 55 and finally have a little free time... Hope to meet you two and all the other gals down the road.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby Phoenix » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:14 am

Run nah doubt it, besides my orthopedic doctor just told me no running, no jumping, & no axeil loading movement (WTF that is). In all honesty you gals may all run from me. LOL looking forward to reading more about you gals, Chezza willing!
Phoenix
Phoenix

Postby cnq50b » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:14 am

Welcome to the group, Phoenix. Glad to have you onboard. Looking forward to meeting you & all the others in Sept. :D
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:31 am

A big Texas welcome to you. Hope to meet you guys down the road sometime.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby avalen » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:12 am

Welcome
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Deeann » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:07 pm

A family welcome to you! :D
Deeann

Postby Phoenix » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:54 pm

Thanks all :) I appreciate the warm welcome. Chezza is letting me online again LOL it will not last long LOL
Phoenix
Phoenix

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:09 pm

Welcome to the forum. Sometimes it is good to come on board and move past the "lurking" stage.... :) Extra opinions and perspectives are sometimes needed...... :o Don't know yet if I will make it to Kansas this year but I know that a bunch of great folks are already signed up.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Phoenix » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:22 am

BirdbyBird wrote:Welcome to the forum. Sometimes it is good to come on board and move past the "lurking" stage.... :) Extra opinions and perspectives are sometimes needed...... :o Don't know yet if I will make it to Kansas this year but I know that a bunch of great folks are already signed up.

I understand how that is helpful to all parties involved, but most of my opinions is about stocking & cleaning the camper. Melissa does all the technical stuff.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:16 pm

Stocking and cleaning are important functions in the RV world...
(as in - what can I shove into that extra 6 square inches)

mitch5252

Postby Phoenix » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:32 pm

mitch5252 wrote:..
Stocking and cleaning are important functions in the RV world...
(as in - what can I shove into that extra 6 square inches)

I use lots of little baskets to store those small containers of spices, & like Knorr sides. I pack a variety of teas into an old cookie tin, Melissa's Earl Grey excluded. I like to buy in bulk some things so we just store some of it under the bed but I think I will be utilizing the bench storage this year for snacks when we go to PA to meet with Melissa's kids & grandkids. The cheap 3 for a dollar baskets (silverware size) and two sided tape (only use 3M) make neat baskets for some items & you can tape them up above caned food & the such.

I am still working on where to put what & all but I still have cupboards we do not even use.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Postby IrishIroamed » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:11 pm

Phoenix wrote: I am still working on where to put what & all but I still have cupboards we do not even use.

Welcome Melony from a somewhat close IL neighbor - too bad you can't sell the extra cupboard space. I'd bet there would be takers. :D
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself