New adventure

Come on in and say hello.

Re: New adventure

Postby Travelingusa » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:00 pm

Adventure coming soon, sold 1500 skein stash of yarn(no room)kept a little stash and needles, etc.daughtertook a lot of stuff out today, my other daughter coming with usual to take the rest of household to share with grand kids and relatives in Indiana.getting down seriously.my house is sold probably be out in May , buying the arias trek as soon as house cash is in hand, then hitting the road with my dog Gidget.ready or not!
Travelingusa

Postby Travelingusa » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:01 pm

Daughter coming with u haul
Travelingusa

Postby Queen » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:59 am

What an exciting time, enjoy your new adventure!
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby Bethers » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:14 am

Wow, looks like it's happening faster than you expected. How exciting.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:17 pm

I always like looking at pictures of rv's and could not find an Arias trek. Who makes it? I am so excited for you to begin your next adventure!
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Travelingusa » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:50 pm

Actually that was a typo, should have been Road trek Rse,but after further thought, I have decided there are issues. I ham not looking at Thor ace ,maybe 27.1ft or 29ft, later maybe a snert car toad or a vespa(could hang that on the back with now towing)I decided if I am going to RV full time, I might as well bite the bullet and pay the overnight fees, still cheaper than running a house.
Travelingusa

Postby Travelingusa » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:53 pm

Need to spell check before I submit am looking at the Thor(forest river has a similar rig, but I have seen too many bad reviews.they copied the Thor in most ways, but the quality is poor).
Travelingusa

Postby VickieP » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:30 pm

Travelingusa wrote:Need to spell check before I submit am looking at the Thor(forest river has a similar rig, but I have seen too many bad reviews.they copied the Thor in most ways, but the quality is poor).

If you find a mistake after posting your comment, you can click the "EDIT" button, correct it and click "SUBMIT" again.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby Travelingusa » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:32 pm

Thanks
Travelingusa

Postby cnq50b » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:46 pm

Sounds like things are rolling right along for you, Nora.

Welcome to probably the best forum on the internet! These gals are great!

As you can see by my signature, I drive an Airstream Interstate - on the sprinter frame. I'm not sure I could full-time in it - but I went for the gas mileage since I have 2 kids out in CA while I live in KS. I also wanted something that I could park & be incognito on city streets - especially parked in front of my daughter's apartment in San Diego. :D My first 'love' was always the Chinook - until I found out what MPG it gets :( Spent 3 weeks in my travlin' van on a 5000 mile sojourn last summer & loved it!

The search is half the fun... Can't wait to follow you on your journey to make the purchase & then out onto the road. :D
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby MandysMom » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:39 am

I watched a good video last night on the Winnebago vista 27n and if I did not have 3 adults and two rambunctious cats to travel with I might look at that vista. Thor does not have that great a reputation either per lots of reading on IRV2 forum. I like Winnebago's construction from what I have read. Also like Nexus like our member, Louise aka Roadweaver has.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby monik7 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:17 am

I have an Itasca Navion iQ, made by Winnebago. I can vouch for the quality of Winnebago at least as far as my rig is concerned. I've always been astounded by the number of issues other members have had in the first year with their new RVs. I had none. The thought of always having to go back to the dealer, or worse the manufacturer, for issues in a new vehicle just amazes me. I'm very thankful I got what I did because I knew NOTHING about RVs when I bought. Someone was definitely watching out for me because I made what I think was the perfect purchase for me.

Good luck in your search and have fun!
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby JudyJB » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:29 pm

Two years ago I bought a brand new 32' Class C without ever having driven anything bigger than a minivan, not counting two very short test drives. I drove it 75 miles back to my son's house with him "following" ahead of me because he was too nervous to follow behind!

I like the size and comfort, plus the storage of a bigger motorhome, especially for full-timing.

I would really be afraid that your solar system and batteries would not keep you warm enough without propane. I am in Galveston, TX, and would be freezing without my electric heater or furnaces!

Welcome to the forum and in finding the right vehicle for you.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself