A CRICKETS IN THE HOUSE

Come on in and say hello.

A CRICKETS IN THE HOUSE

Postby dcricket » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:50 am

Hi ladies! Couldn't let Sharon and Pooker have all the fun without me. :D Have been maintaining a low profile for some time due to a variety of life's distractions. Trying to play catch up here and there. For those of you that don't know me, my name is Donna, I still work full time, with at least 8 years to go before retirement, so my RVn times are extremely limited. Have had the great fortune of meeting several ladies on the forum and enjoyed many a fabulous conversation with many I haven't met -- yet. I have an 05' National Seabreeze (gasser) w/2 slides, 32', and though I haven't technically "towed" my toad (07 Jeep Liberty 4x4), I do have it set up to tow. Am married, and a recent member of the empty nesters club. DH refuses to drive my home on wheels, so I am quite proficient in driving her and setting up all by myself. Went from tent camping one year in the desert, where we love to ride our ATVs, to researching for about a year, to diving head on into test driving and buying my rig. Got my RVn feet wet by boondocking in the desert, so am very comfortable living off the capabilities of my lil breezer. For a first time purchase I am very happy with her and plan on many years to come-God willing. She completes me! ;) I will do my utmost not to be a stranger and check in as often as possible. Work late hours, and weekends are here and gone before ya know it. Hoping to get a trip to Q this January, and if things improve in the New Year, maybe get a few more adventures under my belt. Love the ideas, links, and adventures shared on the forum and am looking forward to sharing some of mine with you in the future. DH and I may be heading out to the desert New Years day, to meet up with Sharon and her BF, to ride our ATVs, sooooooooooooooo, here's wishing you all a blessed New Year, success and safe travels always. 8-)
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
2020 Forrest River Rockwood Mini 2104S Travel Trailer
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 1LZ
dcricket

Re: A CRICKETS IN THE HOUSE

Postby avalen » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:29 am

Woohoo, welcome Donna its so good to see you here. You know most of us, but
cruise around, catch up on some old posts and have fun. Looking forward to some
stories from you and perhaps I'll get to meet you in Q this year as I just might get
to take a day drive for lunch.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Redetotry » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:12 am

Welcome Donna!! I've wondered about you and hoped you would join us. I hope you are finding time to paint as I remember that was something you also enjoyed. I'm still in the wannabe stage but maybe this will be my year to find the perfect B for me. Again, so glad to see you posting with us.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Sparkle » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:35 am

Hey Chirpy, glad you're here. Your bubbly personality comes across the ether.
Sparkle

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:04 am

Welcome, welcome. Glad you're here. This is really a fun site. Come join the campfire.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Paulette » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:14 am

Welcome Donna! Glad to see you here.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Bethers » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:23 am

Hi Donna! I've been wondering about you. Glad to have you here and learn all is well. Looking forward to seeing more posts from you.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:02 am

Hi Donna!

Welcome! I'm so glad you joined us here! I think you will find this forum is a lot of fun,.. and easy to navigate too. We can post photos easily, and also it isn't a problem to include links to other sites or to blogs.

I look forward to hearing a lot more from you. And pics of those rides in the desert!
Cedar518

Postby Liz » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:48 am

Glad you've joined us Donna! Having that empty nest will free up time for RV trip planning, right?
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby carold » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:33 pm

Hi Donna, wondered where you've been. Glad you made it and going to get some rving back into your life. carold
carold

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:13 pm

Hey, Donna!
Such a nice surprise to see your post! I'm happy to see you back with us.
Have fun in the sand and stay safe! Post when you can.
Hugs!
AlmostThere

Postby dcricket » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:39 pm

Heeeeeeelllllllllllllllooooooooooooo, WELL, I just couldn't wait to get home and log in. Felt like I was about to open a present.
Ahhhhhhhhhhh I feel the love!!! ;) I need a good swift kick in the butt for staying out of touch for so long. Yup empty nest syndrome is great...now if work would ease up, money overfloweth, gas prices low, and vacation time limitless, I'd be the happiest wanna be on the road more RVer you'd ever know-LOL. :lol: Like the looks of this forum. Sure I'll be up and posting as good as the rest of you with a bit more practice. Thank you all for such a warm welcome. Now to sit on down, parouse around, and catch up with y'all. May even mosey on over to the "campfire" -- anyone got chocolate? I just ran out eating all mine from my Christmas stocking :( bummer...I'm feeling the onset of chocolate withdarwals already... Hmmmmmmmmmm I see DHs Christmas stocking... :twisted: tee hee hee.
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
2020 Forrest River Rockwood Mini 2104S Travel Trailer
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 1LZ
dcricket

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:32 pm

Welcome, Donna!!! I have missed you so much... :D Glad to see ya' here.....You'll just love the crew and we have such a good time....Yes, by all means, check out that "Campfire", the GTGS, etc.....and of course, Belle, has her section...I'm sure she'll be glad to see you.....

Empty nesting is rough, but you'll get use to it.....You may find after awhile even enjoying it....

So have a seat and read all the goings on and have fun....jump right in!!! :lol:
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Nasoosie » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:07 pm

Welcome, Donna....very nice to meet you!

Hope to see a lot of you on here and to meet you in person some day along the roads!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Carolinagal » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:50 am

Hi Donna, Welcome !!!! You do sound like a bubbly type person. Hope to hear from you often, where I get to know you too.

Sure glad you've joined us

Carol
Carolinagal

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself