Hello Women RVers

Come on in and say hello.

Hello Women RVers

Postby guylam » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:32 pm

Hi Everyone! I just found your site and feel more hopeful already. I've noticed that some of the women here are RVing with husbands. Are there women doing it on their own? I am contemplating RVIng on my own and wonder if I can really do it. Would I enjoy it? I would love to hear other's experience.
Guyla in Oklahoma
guylam

Re: Hello Women RVers

Postby MelissaD » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:22 am

Hoosier Welcome :D

The answer is yes, many members travel on their own. Many also blog of their adventures for the rest of us to mentally travel along :lol:
MelissaD

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:04 am

Welcome to the forum. Many of us do travel solo or we meet up with others and travel together. I think part of what makes our Womenrv group different from some of the others is that we welcome significant others even if they are male :lol: they just can't post on the forum. We are a diverse group and you will probably find some kindred spirits among us. :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby avalen » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:03 am

Welcome, and yes many of us travel alone but usually have the dog(s) in the navigator seat. (much healthier than an annoying husband :lol: )
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:12 am

A big Texas welcome. The more you read on the forum you will find that most of us RV solo except for our furbabies. As previously said, husbands are welcome BUT not allowed to post on here.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby guylam » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:37 am

Thanks for the welcome! Here's my story. My husband dreamed of RVing after retirement from the airline industry. I wasn't crazy about the idea but went along with it. Two years ago we bought a 27' Crossroads Slingshot Travel Trailer. We've used it twice in two years. I loved it. He got bored. My husband was a pilot in the USAF for 20 years and an airline pilot for another 18. We've been married 43 years but only spent 2/3, or less, than that together because of his schedule. Then he retired:) You can see where this is going. Me taking the RV out a few times a year could be an exciting way for us both to have some space. I have never pulled a trailer or boat or anything, backed one, or done any of the maintenance. It's that sort of thing that scares me but I figure I can learn. For starters I'm thinking of having my husband deliver me and Serenity (that's the Slingshot's name) to a nearby facility for a few days and see if I like being on my own. I might just feel bored and lonely. Any advice?
Guyla in Oklahoma
guylam

Postby gingerK » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:17 am

Welcome Guyla! I'd just suggest you hook up the trailer and find a large empty parking lot and learn to manuver it. Even if Hubby gets you there, you may have to move it for some reason and then you'll be ready. That is what I did when learning to pull my first horse trailer and it helped! Good luck and have fun!
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Rufflesgurl » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:37 am

Welcome from the central coast of CA. Enjoy your RV travels.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby WickedLady » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:01 pm

Welcome to the forum from WA state. There is nothing you can't learn about your travel trailer. Go for it!
WickedLady

Postby cnq50b » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:09 pm

Welcome Guyla, from Kansas!
I still work but like taking my van out on weekends to a nearby lake - just so I can enjoy being outside a little more without feeling guilty about not doing yardwork. :D
Would love to meet up with you sometime - once the weather gets better, that is. :lol:
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby cpatinjones » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:54 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby IrishIroamed » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:14 pm

Welcome to the forum from bbbrrrr Illinois
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Colliemom » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:13 am

Welcome. And yes you can do it alone. I do it all the time. It's either do that or don't go. And yes, I do sometimes get bored, but I am not a person to be content just sitting around and relaxing, I want to be doing. But if you go to different places then there are new things to explore and do.

Check out the info on the Midwest GTG that's being planned for this fall. It's in the GTG thread. Good way to get to meet some ladies from around the country.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:42 pm

Welcome! The majority of ladies on here, travel solo.

You will only be as bored/lonely as you want to be. There are lots of things to do/places to see while on the road. Campers are typically very friendly so you should be able to find fellow campers to chat with and hang out with on your travels. There are GTG's with this group, as well as other groups you can find on line. It all depends. If you like quiet and seclusion, there are places for that. If you like people and activity, there are places for that too. I like a little of both, personally.

Definitely get out and practice driving, backing up, etc. And have your husband show you how everything works with the trailer and practice with that too. The ladies on here are experts at all that, and have all learned by doing themselves. I don't have a TT/RV yet, so I get to learn all of it too someday, but I have learned a lot just by reading on here.

You can do it! Go for it! You'll never know until you try! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Gentleladybear » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:26 pm

Welcome from the great state of Florida. I travel on my own, have adventures All mind over matter. Sometimes I get lost, but if I am alone, I laugh go around the block once more and get back on target. Just the way it is. Just get a unit you like, feel at home in and go for it.

N
Nan
Gentleladybear

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself