Pooker's Here

Come on in and say hello.

Pooker's Here

Postby Pooker » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:15 pm

Many of you know me! You thought you could hide, didn't you? For those of you who don't know me:

I'm old.

Widowed 1 1/2 yrs ago. So, traded in the large MH with 3 slides for a 26' Class C with 1 slide, but it's what I can manage. It was the advice of some of the gals here.

I do not full-time, but ready to head out any time. I belong to a GS chapter and go out with them often. Never feel like a 3rd thumb with them either. I have also met up with some of the nicest women RVers you can imagine - a few in person, most on-line.

My travel companions are 2 cats - both black - one short hair, one long.
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Re: Pooker's Here

Postby mtngal » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:38 pm

Hi Pooker, it's a pleasure to be the first to welcome you to the forum! Looking forward to getting to know you.....
Diana
mtngal

Postby Bethers » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:44 pm

Hi Evie - so glad to have you here.

Just read your post to Sharon's greeting - and you said not to tell tales on you - so gonna tell one of all of us :) Remember when we had to get out and almost push the golf cart? Well, Sparkle is here and we were using that same golf cart the other day. Well, I was told it had a full charge (I was lied to :o , who'd a thunk?) I realized it going over the boardwalk when it almost came to a complete stop on the incline. We parked it right at the bottom, but coming back, I think I was going about 1/100th of a mile getting it to the site where it needed to be to be charged. I thought we would really be needing to push it - and not because of the soft sand :)

C'mon in - meet up with old friends, make some new friends -
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Liz » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:03 pm

Hi Pooker! Glad we had you missing us, and very glad you found us here. Welcome home.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby avalen » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:54 pm

Hi there Pooker, so glad you found your way here, this is a great forum and set up so
user friendly, posting pics is so easy too.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:27 pm

Hiya Pooker,.... so good to see you here!

Yepper, this is where the action is. Bethers has set up a great forum and it's so user friendly. We can post links to our blogs or websites and putting up pictures is so easy here too. We're all friends here so jump right in.
Cedar518

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:19 pm

Welcome, Pooker!!!! So glad you made it here :) You'll know quite a few of us and we have alot of new folks too...all great ladies.....when you get the chance, check out the General Talk section and join in the campfire...we have such a good time there....Fernie started it way back.....also have lots of gals sharing travels, activities, photos, etc. there, too.....There's a GTG section, Book club, Arts and Crafts, etc....Have a sit and enjoy yourself.... ;)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Sparkle » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:41 pm

Hello Old Pooker. I'm a pore 'ol widder woman too. If the Golf cart had given out I would have made Beth push. I would have steered 'cause I'm REALLY old!
Sparkle

Postby Carolinagal » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:47 pm

Welcome Pooker, I'm so glad you found some of your lost friends here, and think there will be new ones also. None of us are old here, the
' lil ole widder woman' phrase works for most of us, when we need it to. Actually none of us are old, Age brings Wisdom and some of us are just
closer to being Genius's then others. I hope you will have as much fun here as most of us do. Glad you're here

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby Bethers » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:52 pm

Sparkle's realllllllllllly lucky I like her ...
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Sparkle » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:50 am

Let me just tell you what kind of person Beth is. I'm really going to dish the dirt here. When I got here I saw that they had Bingo in the Rec Hall. I hadn't played in 40 years so I got all enthusiastic. Beth came with me, night after night. Gave up her Poker Sunday's too. Well last time we played and lost and played and lost, I sighed and said, "I think the novelty of Bingo has worn off". Beth practically jumped off her seat and did a victory dance. How long would she have gone on playing Bingo just to keep me company? I'm here for another month.
So, now I'm wondering.....does she really want to line dance...does she really want to walk on the beach..... :?
Sparkle

Postby Bethers » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:04 am

Sorry to steal your thread, Evie :) But let's let Sparkle have a modicum of peace - yep I like line dancing - will keep up the classes after you leave. As to the walks on the beach - let's not be facetious - I was doing those long before you came and will still be doing them after you leave. Peaches will give me no choice :)

OK, Evie - you have to get back on here and drag your intro back about you lol -
Beth
Bethers

Postby dcricket » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:51 am

Hey there Pooker (Evie), couldn't let you and Sharon run off and leave me behind. ;)
Hope you are doing great and getting out and about often. Have a fantastic New Year!
dcricket

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:48 pm

Well, this is like old home week. Welcome Evie, glad you came over!
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Return to Introduce Yourself