Howdy from SoCal

Come on in and say hello.

Re: Howdy from SoCal

Postby Pooker » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:23 pm

Hey, GF - you beat me by a couple of days! Now that we're both on this forum, look out ladies! I guess we both missed everyone!

Now, don't you go tattling on all the dumb things I do!

Evie
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Postby Echo » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:52 pm

Holy smokes their both here!!!

I had thought I posted a Welcome to Sharon already?? But I must have had a brain fart or something and completely missed doing it.

So here's a BIG FAT ""WELCOME"" to ya Sharon!!!

And another BIG FAT ""WELCOME"" to Evie!!!

Boy we are growing by leaps, bound and lots of friends!!! Old and new!!
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Carolinagal » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:00 pm

Hi Sharon, Welcome !!! My goodness you are a busy lady, hope you will have a wee bit of time to post some pics of your adventures.

Your trips on your motorcycle sound like great fun too. Good for you, we're so glad you've joined us here. Post when you can, we love seeing
what others enjoy doing.

Stay safe

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby dcricket » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:58 am

Sharon hope you have fun in the sand under the desert sun and your New Year is one of the best ever
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
2020 Forrest River Rockwood Mini 2104S Travel Trailer
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 1LZ
dcricket

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:44 pm

Sharon, great that you are here. Love reading about your adventures and seeing pictures, let's see more. WELCOME!
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby sharon » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:59 pm

Back safe and sound from the dunes, had a great trip, but guess what dummy forgot her camera??? I have some pictures from Thanksgiving in the dunes and will get those up-loaded and posted soon. Wellllll, maybe not soon, getting ready for Quartzsite, have a M/C run tomorrow and need to find some time for the BF so he doesn't squeal to loud! LOL! Need to call the vet and get Chewy in, she had an allergic reaction to a flea bite, but after all of the meds she's still scratching. We call her Itchy Mendoza now. Usually we call her Chubby Chihuahua. Actually you don't have to call her anything if you have food in your hand or you're standing within 50ft of a kitchen! LOL! Another sad example of "live to eat instead of eat to live".

OK, rambled on enough, I've been cruisen' thru the posts as I have time.....verrrry interesting!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:03 am

Hi Sharon! You are my new hero! :lol: I loved your intro. I have a 31 ft Allergo that I have never driven. It didn't occur to me that I could take driving lessons. DUH! I also owned a bike shop at one point & sold a lot of HD's & aftermarket parts/ accessories. Had a softail, but sold it with the shop. Hope you do post more of your adventures. Love to see the pics! :D
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby sharon » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:09 pm

NakedPupsandMe....that's quite a mouthfull, what's your name??? LOL! You can take driving lessons thru Dick Reed's RV driving School. They have instructors all around the US, so maybe they have a guy in your area. And if you're a member of Good Sam, you get a discount. If they could teach me to drive, they can teach anyone! The Allegro's are beautiful coaches....Is yours gas or diesel?

I learned to ride on a Yamaha 650 Custom and now I have an '05 Electraglide. Like riding a cadillac after that Yammi! Still learning on it, tho. Do great on the freeway, but need to really work on slow riding and parking! It's so much heavier than the Yammi and already dropped it once in a parking lot. She started to go, so I just stepped off and let her go. Tore my rotator cuff in my shoulder trying to pick her up, (And yes, I know the skirt technique, but freaked out and screwed up!) Do you miss riding? I'm still at the point where it's more scary than fun, but I'm getting there and refuse to give up.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:17 pm

It's Micki. And I don't miss riding. I'd love to do some 4 wheeling, that's what they call it around here. We still have several Goldwings & they are ride like Cadillacs.They are too big & heavy, I've never been comfortable riding them. I don't like the rice burners, even if they are Goldwings. I love Harleys tho, still love to hear them with the baffles out. :D I dropped the softail a few times, :oops: once at Bike Night at Hooters! Just forgot to put the kickstand down, & stepped right off. That was bad. I owned the shop then, didn't think I'd ever hear the end of it. :lol: :lol:

I am checking out the RV driving school. The Allergo is old, a '94 & it's gas. We bought it last year to see if we liked RVn. I love it & I'm ready to upgrade! Hope you post some pics of your adventures! :D
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby dcricket » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:45 pm

Sharon, you shouldn't have a hard time remember NakedPupsnMe's name eh? ;) :D
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
2020 Forrest River Rockwood Mini 2104S Travel Trailer
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 1LZ
dcricket

Postby sharon » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:58 pm

Oh you are just to funny, Donna! Micki, my BF's name is Mickey. Good luck with the driving lessons. I found out that no matter how good a driver your DH is, he can't teach you to drive. Other than Sweet Jenny's DH, her hubby is an instructor for Dick Reed's school. My DH could drive anything with wheels, no matter how big, but couldn't tell me how to drive. He just knew how to do it, but couldn't teach, bless his heart. I would tell him "I like that spot, but I don't think you can get the rv in there" and he'd just smile and say "watch me!" And he'd do it. Me, I always look for the biggest spot and go for that one. But you can do it! Trust me! It's just a matter of getting over the fear of the size. And yes, the road is wide enough no matter what your brain is telling you! LOL! Good luck!

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself