Almost RV'er

Come on in and say hello.

Re: Almost RV'er

Postby mtngal » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:59 am

Another welcome from Texas! The 'search' can be great fun! Good luck!
Diana
mtngal

Postby drocknut » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:20 pm

Thank you all. I don't know about the search being fun mtngal but it is a search. I wish I could say "budget be darned" and go with what trips my trigger but alas I'm wealth-challenged. Seems like I'll be spending a lot of time searching through old threads on here.
I'm not the type who likes to spend money or go shopping (I know...gasp...lol) but I'm going to have to part with some if I want to do this. I am most interested in boondocking and have looked at that part of the forum with much interest.
Wish I was near you too Velda, I could use the money although the equipment I was running in Montana belonged to someone else and I never learned to be a climber so I might not be much help to you there. I tend to do a lot of damage with a saw too...lol.
WickedLady, right now I'm visiting my mother in Arizona near Wickenburg.
drocknut

Postby Lopo » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:03 am

Hi, and welcome! I was just reading a couple of blogs and wondered if you've seen them. One is a single gal and her dogs, http://rvsueandcrew.net, and the other, http://www.wheelingit.us/2014/01/14/not ... after-all/, is a younger (not retired) couple in their 40' class A who live full-time on the road.
It's great to see the very different rigs they have, and how it's all so very personal. I am also a part of the vintage travel trailer world, and know there are some people towing their older and some very old trailers across the country. I'm currently restoring a 1964 Frolic that, at 13', is a bit small for full-time, but who am I to say? There are sooo many choices, and they can all take us to the same spectacular spots. :)
Lopo

Postby drocknut » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:55 am

I'm still looking at all the great information on here and looking for my travel trailer. I'm hoping to find one soon.
drocknut

Postby WickedLady » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:23 pm

I have a 16' trailer and don't think I could full-time in it as there is not much storage.
WickedLady

Postby avalen » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:49 pm

Welcome
yep, like what someone else said, we love to shop with you
what part of Arizona do you head for? I'm down in Arizona :D
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:17 pm

Hi Diane and welcome! I am still a dreamer yet, but someday I will have an RV or TT and head across the country! Currently I am in Minnesota.

One thing to do is go to RV shows or dealers and look at lots of rigs, tt, etc and see what kind of layouts and options you like. There are lots to choose from! Everyone seems to want something different depending on their habits, lifestyles, personalities, etc. There are some books written about boondocking that you can find on Amazon, too. Some of the gals on here have lots of useful info about their boondocking experiences, as well.

You can post general RV questions on the General Thread. If you have technical questions, there is a Tech thread. Join us in the mornings on the Morning Coffee thread, or in the evenings on the Campfire thread. We like to share all sorts of information about our lives, etc. with each other. We are a very fun, supportive group!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:52 am

Welcome, Diane....glad you found us... ;)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby drocknut » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:35 pm

avalen wrote:Welcome
yep, like what someone else said, we love to shop with you
what part of Arizona do you head for? I'm down in Arizona :D

I am staying at my mother's place near Wickenburg, AZ. I come down here to help her with things around the house and also do a little rockhounding since the work I generally do in Montana is slow this time of year. Where in AZ are you (or anyone else who is in AZ for that matter)?
drocknut

Postby drocknut » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:36 pm

Thanks for the welcomes you all.
drocknut

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself