Hi!

Come on in and say hello.

Hi!

Postby PeggytothePedal » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:39 pm

Just want to introduce myself! I am a full timer rv in a 24' motorhome. I have been doing this for about 6 months and am looking for ways to connect with other full timers, and women especially. I love the life, the freedom, the sights, but would also like some connections and begin to make friends in this lifestyle. I am in Florida until the end of January-any out there? Any get togethers? I am going to a rally in Sarasota over Christmas. First one!! I have the beginnings of a blog-Peggytothepedal.com if you want to check me out, still learning the ropes so…

Peggy
PeggytothePedal

Re: Hi!

Postby Rufflesgurl » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:32 pm

Hi Peggy - welcome from the central coast of CA. Enjoy your travels.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:58 pm

Welcome!
Lots of us in Florida in the winter! There are several GTG's there but the biggie is the end of January near Tampa at Hillsborough River SP. Check it out on the GTG thread. Otherwise there are lots of ladies you can meet up with in a small GTG. You can also check the member map to see who is located where.

Do you have any pets?

This is a fun group that loves to socialize and eat! We love to share photos too, so if you have any of your rig, we'd love to see them!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby avalen » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:05 pm

Welcome from Arizona
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby mtngal » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:12 pm

Welcome to the forum! Love the name of your blog, going there now!
Diana
mtngal

Postby cnq50b » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:16 pm

Welcome from the midwest, Peggy.
Read a little of your blog - looks like you have this in your blood! :D :D
This is a great group - I'm sure you'll find folks to meet up with in FL. Not all of us are on the road yet, but are itching to travel more as soon as we cut loose from that 4 letter word - 'work'.
Hope to meet you down the road.
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:36 pm

Welcome to the forum. Do try to make the gtg in Florida. Attending will explain a lot! :) And I am sure that you will meet up with others that can help fill up your calendar with other mini gtg's.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:41 pm

Just read your blog. Very nice! Do you have two cats?
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby MelissaD » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:22 am

Hoosier Welcome :D
MelissaD

Postby MandysMom » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:26 am

Peggy, it's great to meet you. I live in northern California but who knows, we may come across each other. I too drive a Leisure Travel van. Mine we got brand new at the factory in 08 and is a free spirit. We love trips in it. I am busy reading from the beginning in your blog and find it interesting. Ours is a Mercedes Sprinter too and I did not know I could take it to Mercedes for care. Have to look into that. It will be fun following your travels.
MandysMom

Postby Bethers » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:34 am

Hi Peggy!

I see from your blog that you are also a transplanted Chicagoan (well, as with most of us suburbanites). And I much prefer the back roads, also. I find them easier to travel and safer, too.

Glad to have you with us ... hope you make lots of friends here - you'll certainly have the chance to meet many while you're in FL should you wish to.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby carolb » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:06 am

Welcome Peggy! :D Sounds like a definite "must" for you to attend Hillsborough gtg! You'll find exactly what you're looking for--all us old women doing the rv thing. Oh, but you also have to expect "crazy"!!! :lol:
carolb

Postby IrishIroamed » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:42 am

Hi Peggy ~ from Illinois also. I've been through Oak Park a few times, lovely area. Have fun on the road and post updates on the blog. I read them all.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Lopo » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:07 am

Hi, Peggy! Welcome! Florida girl here. :) I just left a comment on your blog about my favorite little campground on US 98! You might be past that point by now, already heading south. With a good friend in the panhandle and son and his wife in Tallahassee, I know the US 98/US 19 route pretty well. US 19 is just great until about Hudson, and from there south, it gets congested. ( I drive it, anyway, all the way to the end of US 19 which is just south of the Sunshine Skyway.)
Do enjoy my marvelous adopted state. I will be heading further south soon, to Mexico.
Lopo

Postby cpatinjones » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:41 am

Hello and welcome to the forum!
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself