I'm new....

Come on in and say hello.

I'm new....

Postby cookiemom » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:16 pm

Hi,

I'm Debbie. I have a small travel trailer which I pull with an Expedition.

I only can get away on long weekends for now, but still have fun.

I live in Southwest Colorado and stay mostly in the surrounding area: I camp in the Ouray/Telluride area or in Utah close to Moab. Both are approximately 2 hours from my house, and are so different. I love the town of Ouray, the climate is so nice in the summer, with the mountains shading the town.

I've been married to my husband George for 20 years this Valentine's day. I have two children. A boy turning 17 and a girl who turns 11 today. My husband and son do not like to camp so mostly they stay home.

My full time job is a bookkeeper for a local government entity. My part time job is a bookkeeper for 40+ rental properties.

I enjoy going to an RV park rather than boondocking, as I'm kind of wimpy in the heat and prefer to have air conditioning to cool off periodically, and do not own a generator yet.

I hope to some day get a larger, newer RV. But for now mine will have to suffice.

I'm glad to have found this forum. A lot of the ladies I have read their posts on a different forum, and I've often wondered where Barbzeee, Bethers and others went to. Now I know....

Debbie
Close to Mesa Verde National Park in Southwest Colorado
cookiemom

Re: I'm new....

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:04 pm

Hey Debbie - glad you found us here. Think its great that you go ahead and go by yourself even tho hubby doesn't like to RV. I'm like you, wimpy and need my AC in hot weather. Jump right in and join the fun - check out the campfire in the evenings and Barbzeee's kitchen in the mornings. Welcome, welcome.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:07 pm

Welcome....Debbie....Yep...we're a fun loving bunch here...and offer lots of Rving info to boot.... ;) Please sit a spell and join in the fun at the Campfire in the General Talk thread......feel free to post photos of you and your rig......Our GTGs are getting famous and popular.....and if you can't join in person, well, we're all very good at posting the story and the photos.... :) Glad to meet ya'!!!
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Liz » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:37 pm

Welcome to our forum, Debbie...so glad you joined us here. I love the area around Ouray and Utah too....I was there in 2005 and hope to travel back there again. Happy Birthday to your little girl. Does she like to camp with you?
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Bethers » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:55 pm

Hi and Welcome, Debbie! Glad to have you with us. I laughed out loud at the part about your wimpy husband and son - and your wimpy self. Aren't we all wimpy about something? I know I am - even if I might not want to admit what I'm wimpy about :) Well, I'll just about admit to all my wimpiness, and my strangeness, too. Just about!

Love the area you're in and the areas you like to go to. Maybe we can meet in the next spring or fall - as I'm not sure what routes I'll be taking, but will probably hit one of those areas on the way to or from Alaska next summer.

Read and enjoy here - and jump right in everywhere your heart desires.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cedar518 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:09 pm

Welcome! I'm so glad you found us Debbie! Yep, this is where a lot of us hang out. It's a fun place and very relaxed. We're free to post our blog addys and other website info, and posting pictures here is sooooo easy! There are a lot of neat features to this site, so go exploring and jump right in. I'm glad you are here!
Cedar518

Postby avalen » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:11 pm

Welcome Debbie, so glad you found your way here, Ouray is one of my favorite towns
in Colorado, I loved hanging out in the glassblowers shop when I was last visiting there,
and the rock shop was cool too. This is a great bunch to hang out with and swap stories.
Also love to see pics and posting them is easy. Just copy and paste the image link from
photobucket into your post and it will show up.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Getupngo » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:14 pm

Hi Debbie, welcome to the forum.

You must be a real trooper if you like to camp in the aforementioned places and DON'T have a generator for A/C. I wouldn't go without it! LOL!
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Nasoosie » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:31 am

Welcome, Debbie! If you know some of the ladies on here, you probably know how neat this group is! Hope to see a lot of you as time goes by on here!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Carolinagal » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:44 pm

Welcome Debbie, so glad you have joined us. You live in a beautiful area, lucky you. Does your daughter like camping with you? I'm so glad you are able to camp and enjoy yourself, and the choices you have in where to camp, they're beautiful. Post often, love to hear about different areas others live in or visit.

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby soisew » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:24 pm

Welcome..I lived in Colorado a lot of years but never got into your area. It's on our list. But most of all -- welcome to this forum site.
Shell
Last edited by soisew on Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
soisew

Postby cookiemom » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:26 pm

Carol,

My daughter does camp with me. She is a big help in backing up, etc.

I hope she will realize you don't have to sit at home just because your husband doesn't want to go with you.

I didn't know how to back a trailer until I was nearly 40 years old. (I'm still not very good at it) But I hope she will learn as soon as she can drive and not wait too long.

Debbie
Close to Mesa Verde National Park in Southwest Colorado
cookiemom

Return to Introduce Yourself