Helloooooooooo..........

Come on in and say hello.

Helloooooooooo..........

Postby islandmomma » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:47 pm

So this is where all the flamingo folk flew to :). I am not new. Joined RV-ers everywhere in July when I bought my 34' 1996 Vectra in AZ and drove it home to British Columbia where I currently live. I am retiring at year end and plan to set out as soon after that as I am able (my rig has a number of issues requiring service, including a new leak that is going to be pretty major to repair)... Ah well, it sure beats staying in one place and still having to repair things in a stick house LOL. I plan to head south and then east and have a caravan booked for the Maritimes in June and a one week stay in NYC in October with Winnebago folk.

I see many familiar names here... No chat room though, right? I am off and on with posting because of all my other current commitments but I will keep in touch both places as I am able. Nice to 'find' this new site.... Only been in existence since the summer, is that right?

jan
islandmomma

Location: Vancouver Island, BC is my home base but have been 'on the road' since April 18, 2009

Re: Helloooooooooo..........

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:55 pm

Jan....so glad you made it here and that you posted!! :D Hope you enjoy it here.......Jump in anytime and anywhere.... :lol:

BTW......check out the GTG thread on the TX GTG .....you'll see lots of flamingos and pink shirts.... ;) :lol: and of course, Belle, out Mascot, has her own travel thread.....you'll love it...
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Bethers » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:05 pm

Hi Jan,
So glad you found us. Yes, we came into being just the middle of July - and we are growing leaps and bounds. You will know some here, and not others - and hopefully more and more will keep joining and keeping all of us on our toes. I just love meeting new rv sisters.

And, no, we don't have our own chat room - but who knows what the future might bring. So far, we've found, not having one makes more posting - which keeps everyone in the loop - as usually the chat rooms are only used by a very few. One thing we want - is for everyone to feel welcome here - and that can be a big task - as sometimes people read the posts and think everyone knows everyone else. But as you know, it only takes a few posts to feel right at home.

Come on in, join the fun - and I hope your repairs on the rig aren't too expensive - but like you said, if not the rig, they'd be on a house - I sure remember those - and they weren't cheap!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Barbzeee » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:32 pm

Hey IslandMomma..... I remember ya... Good to know you still have them plans..can't wait to read and see those pictures...

It's always sunny here...we do have a great group and always something to fuss about and laugh over... shoot wouldn't be normal without us gabbing about any ole thingy..... This place here is pretty easy to get around and if you lose your way...just YELL always someone willin to stick their nose in LOL mine is kind of busy lately but soon I'll be back to my "norm"..

Again. Hope you'll have a chair in our rooms and even sit by our campfire...we sure do pass the hootch..:)

God Bless

Zeee.....
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Carolinagal » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:50 pm

Welcome Islandmomma, glad you joined us. Sorry to hear about the leak in your rig. Hope it doesn't end up being too expensive for you,

We love pictures and to hear all you want to tell :lol: :lol:

Glad you're here !!!

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby avalen » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:02 pm

Welcome Islandmomma, so glad your found your way over here. I love this place, spend
most of my time here cause my travels are mostly from reading about others travels,
for now anyway. There are alot of neat features on this forum and posting pics is
just too easy, just copy and paste the image code from photobucket.
Sorry about your bad leak, hope its not too expensive to repair. But just jump in
anywhere, and I'll be looking forward to some stories.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:20 pm

Welcome Island Momma. Great bunch of ladies over here. Check out the Texas GTG thread - you'll laugh at the Flamingos. Sounds like you've got some great plans going for you. Be sure to visit the campfire.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Nasoosie » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:01 pm

Hi Jan!

Welcome to the site! Am trying to figure out if I've met you on another group....name sounds familiar!

Hope your leak gets fixed pronto, before the interior of your rv gets damp and icky!

Nice to meet you!

From me (Sue), and Molly
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Cedar518 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:12 pm

Welcome Jan!

yepper,... here's where it's at,... and I'm so glad that you found your way over here! Welcome!

I think you will like this forum it's so versatile and we can post our web links and blog addys here too. The photo posting is sooooooooo easy here. Everyone is welcome here,... so grab a camp chair and sit by our campfire,... or join the morning coffee group in Barbzeee's Kitchen. We have a lot of fun here so jump right in!
Cedar518

Postby SeeyaGal » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:05 am

Welcome Jan, you'll love being with the Sisters here and hope you get to meet some down the road. Being up in the Northwest does not help the leaks! Hope you get it fixed soon, I remember when I had my first motorhome a Tropi-Cal and it had a major leak BEFORE we took it off the RV lot not knowing it, it was in the shop quite awhile....6 wks to be exact :x . They finally fixed it right after having to replace the warped cupboards from the first bandaide job that did not work. Switched RV'a later on so hope the leak was fixed good for the next gal.

Love your neck of the woods in B.C., have a high school friend in Vancouver.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Echo » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:33 am

Yep, yep, yep!! Bestest place on the web to be. Right here where we are all Sistahs!!

Glad to see ya finally found us.
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby islandmomma » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:24 pm

:D Well thank you all!! Talk about feeling welcomed LOL! And I will check out those pink-legged sisters in Texas...:) I just have no idea when i will get there!

jan
islandmomma

Location: Vancouver Island, BC is my home base but have been 'on the road' since April 18, 2009

Postby Belle » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:33 am

Welcome from all us flamingos. Glad you're in the pink with us!
Happy travels to all,
Belle, the womenrv.com mascot
Belle

Return to Introduce Yourself