Hello!

Come on in and say hello.

Re: Hello!

Postby Llilith » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:12 am

The cutting board is a great idea. I like that it can be two things - counter space and cutting space. :)

I never thought of looking at a boat store. The stove we have has the knobs on top and they sit a little higher than the burner so I'm not sure a cutting board will work, but I have to measure it.

Today, I started piling stuff in the spare room that I want to put in the new RV haha. I'm having way too much fun. Cannot wait til Wednesday when we get to pick it up. I decided I'm going to bring my fiesta dishes, which I was wondering about. I'll do the rubberized shelf liner between the plates and see how it goes. I've already found so much good info here - yay!

Now, I'm off to research other topics here to learn about RV mattresses. Ours doesn't seem too comfy so I'm looking for what to top it with or how to make it better at the most reasonable cost. :)
It's all fun and games til the flying monkey's show up!

Llilith

Postby Llilith » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:36 am

And now I've already learned that my mattress is a short queen 60x74 and I can replace it with a regular queen when I find one on sale. 6 inches overhang might not be so bad cause hubby is tall. :) That or some memory foam to supplement what is there. :)

Llilith

Postby MelissaD » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:42 am

Llilith wrote:And now I've already learned that my mattress is a short queen 60x74 and I can replace it with a regular queen when I find one on sale. 6 inches overhang might not be so bad cause hubby is tall. :) That or some memory foam to supplement what is there. :)

We tossed out the original RV short queen and replaced it with a full size 13" memory foam from Sam's Club. Liked it so much I bought one for the house. Tried a 3" topper but that did not work for me. The new mattress over hangs about 6" so we just don't sit on the end. The GB calls it her cave and curls up under the overhang in her sleeping bag.
MelissaD

Postby IrishIroamed » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:05 am

I needed something for my stove also. Yes, the sink covers do work, but I wanted something that was 1 piece not 2. Found this table at Camping World, and for the price, I didn't care that I'd throw out the legs.
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/white-personal-table/48945

Fits good from side-to-side on my 3 burner and maybe 3" from the wall isn't covered but it works good for counter space. Still working on how to secure it tho, bungies might work, but I need shorter ones, I'm going to try some velcro too which should keep it in place.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Llilith » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:12 am

MelissaD wrote:
Llilith wrote:And now I've already learned that my mattress is a short queen 60x74 and I can replace it with a regular queen when I find one on sale. 6 inches overhang might not be so bad cause hubby is tall. :) That or some memory foam to supplement what is there. :)

We tossed out the original RV short queen and replaced it with a full size 13" memory foam from Sam's Club. Liked it so much I bought one for the house. Tried a 3" topper but that did not work for me. The new mattress over hangs about 6" so we just don't sit on the end. The GB calls it her cave and curls up under the overhang in her sleeping bag.

I can see my frug and pug enjoying that cave too. :-) I'm sure I'll save some money not buying the shorter RV special mattress. Thanks for the tips!

Llilith

Postby MandysMom » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:59 pm

If you still wanted to go with a wood cutting board for the stove top, if you know someone with a wood shop, you could mark the back side which is in contact with the stove and have them use a router to make a indentation where knobs fit and that could help secure it while traveling. Just make sure it does not have a way to jostle the knobs to ON.

Velda
MandysMom

Postby Liz » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:01 pm

Welcome from a full-timer, currently in NY.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Rufflesgurl » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:37 am

Welcome from California

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby monik7 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:00 pm

Another welcome from Northern California.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby JudyJB » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:05 pm

My wooden cutting board stove cover that I got from Camping World has a sort of rubberized mesh backing that prevents it from sliding. I have to be careful to take it off when I bake so it does not get too hot and melt the backing, but it has never slipped or moved even on the bumpiest road. The backing looks a little like that shelf mesh stuff you put on to keep stuff from sliding inside cabinets. I would think you could glue something on it that would work the same way instead of having to deal with bungee cords.

Check out the ones in Camping World and you will see what I mean. I really like my stove cover because it does not rattle like the original one did. Maybe you could buy one and cut it down to size, with some holes drilled for the controls.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself