Hello from the FLorida panhandle!

Come on in and say hello.

Re: Hello from the FLorida panhandle!

Postby JudyJB » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:34 am

Oh no! Since you have been lurking a long time, you know all about each of us. :shock:

Surely, by now you must know that rambling is what we do most.

Congratulations in taking a big step and buying your first rig. By the way, I knew nothing about motorhomes other than what I had read on blogs and had never even driven one, other than two test drives at dealers, until I picked mine up and drove it 75 miles to my son's house. He was so nervous that he "followed" ahead of me because he was afraid to watch me from behind.

I'll be headed to the panhandle next week. I am on my way to spending the winter in Florida and have reservations along the way. Never been to that part of Florida before, so I am really looking forward to it. Looks like there are some gorgeous beaches.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:03 pm

sussurro wrote:Mitch....oh Mitch.... :: handing you a tissue so you can wipe the sarcasm dripping from your lips:: !!! LMAO :lol: :lol:
We all know they will not all be peaceful and certainly not all uneventful....it is a used motorhome!

I wasn't being sarcastic. Honest, I wasn't - wishing and reality are two completely different things, as I'm sure you'll find out soon enough - kind of like I was wishing my new rig would be problem free - hahahahahahahahahahaha (I had to slap my own face to stop typing hahahaha). But until then, let's live in the dream world that our rigs will be perfect for us, with no problems, no issues - just happy and endless miles...no sarcasm there, either...

Well, you certainly have been lurking for a long time. It's cool you jumped out of the shadows and have now jumped in with both feet.

We'll meet down the road someday...what's your home neighborhood?
(you may have said and I may have missed it.)
Stop by and I'll make you a delicious Green Curry Coconut Chicken dish I just discovered this morning.
(yes, I have crap like that for breakfast...absolutely grosses my neighbor out. She believes it's only breakfast food for breakfast)

mitch5252

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:10 pm

Oh, I forgot to add - you sure got Vickie pegged right...good job!
mitch5252

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:18 pm

Green Curry Coconut Chicken That sounds so good!
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:28 pm

sussurro wrote:...Mitch - I'm very sorry. I meant no offense. (just thought ...well, I assumed and we all know how that works out sometimes.) I too eat non breakfast foods for breakfast, ever since I was a child. Again, I apologize for reading your post wrong.

OMGosh - I took no offense!!! That rarely happens...you gotta be pretty darn rude or inconsiderate for me to take offense. Yes, it does happen, though; just not now! I'm glad you've joined the Forum. Sounds like you have a lot to offer, including in the chuckle/laugh department!! I look forward to getting to know you better.

mitch5252

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:45 pm

Let me know if you make it up to the north AL area. Maybe we could meet somewhere.

The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Liz » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:39 pm

Welcome to the forum. I too lurked a long time before joining. Glad you decided to join in in spite of all you know about us, lol.

Sorry you can't make it to Silver Springs this week, but there will be a lot of us in Florida this winter. Perhaps we can gtg again somewhere when you can join us...maybe the panhandle?
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:09 pm

The last camping rally I went to was in Lillian, Al. Almost in Pensacola. We were out driving around all over that area.

Every time a Florida GTG is planned I have to check the milage and most are about 800 miles for me one way. One of these years I am going to make one. I'm headed to Fort Worth November 1 so can't go East right now.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Bethers » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:16 pm

Some people only read and post in morning coffee, others most everything else. Feel free to read whatever/where ever you want. And no cliques here. Although Mitch and Vickie, well, are Mitch and Vickie :-)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Othersharon » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:33 pm

Welcome from PA! I lurked for quite awhile too but am so glad I joined! I've been able to meet a few of these great gals in person and hope to make it to a gtg to meet more!! What fun! I love the panhandle of FL. Spent many years vacationing there with DH in our timeshare condo. It's on my list to go back in the rv. Have some good friends living there so added incentive! Your rv looks a little like mine but mine is a bit smaller, I think (22 ft). Enjoy your adventure!
Othersharon

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself