Soon to RV

Come on in and say hello.

Soon to RV

Postby DogMom13 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:39 am

Hello to everyone from Illinois!

My name is Diane and I have been reading posts on here for quite awhile trying to gather as much information as possible. I must say you have all been very helpful, especially travelers with pets. I will be purchasing my first RV as soon as I decide what I really want/need. I say "my RV" because my husband really doesn't care what I decide on as long as it gets us from point A to point B. We have three high school kids, three furry kids and two feathered kids.
I have decided on a small class C, since everyone won't be traveling together and we spend most of our time outside. We have had a pop up camper for a few years and it has been great. I decided on my last trip that I won't tow anything anymore and I don't want to have crank up walls or set up a kitchen when I get to my destination.
We went to the RV show in Chicago last year. What an experience! I was in heaven! I am sure that when I finally bring one home I will have lots of questions for everyone. :)
Diane....
DogMom13

Re: Soon to RV

Postby Bethers » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:29 pm

Welcome, Diane. Glad to have you with us.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:30 pm

Welcome :D
can hardly wait until you get your rv, we just get so excited about the rv life :D and we love pictures too :D
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:32 pm

welcome from Texas (currently in Kansas for a GTG) Picking out your RV is so much fun and we gladly answer any and all questions.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby MelissaD » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:53 pm

Hoosier Welcome :D
MelissaD

Postby IrishIroamed » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:40 am

Hi Diane from another Illinoian. Yes the Chicago RV show is awesome and overwhelming at the same time. I've gone for the last 2 years and plan on the 2015 show too. Have fun figuring out what will work best for you. I'm in Will county, where in IL are you from?
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby gingerK » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:34 pm

IrishIroamed wrote: I'm in Will county, where in IL are you from?

X2 Diane! If you're close by we can all get together.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Oma » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:45 pm

Welcome from Florida. Good luck with finding the perfect for you rv!

Oma/Vicki
Oma

Postby DogMom13 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:01 pm

Sorry it took so long for me to reply. For some reason it showed "no new posts". I will have to pay closer attention. We are in Peoria County. I am planning on attending the Chicago RV show in 2015 also. Especially if I don't make up my mind by then. I think I am so worried about getting the wrong one I can't make up my mind. A lot of "what ifs" keep popping into my head. I do have some questions. I need to find the appropriate forum for them.
I am looking forward to meeting up with some experienced RVer's. We have only been going to close campgrounds....within about a 5 hour drive. Indiana Dunes on the weekend after the 4th of July has become one of my favorites. The European Market in Chesterton is fun, and the Dunes provide lots of hiking trails.
Diane....
DogMom13

Postby JudyJB » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:38 am

Those three high school kids will have flown the nest in no time, so a small RV sounds good for you.

I went big because I wanted to be able to sleep my sons and their families--one family at a time, of course!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Return to Introduce Yourself