Kudos to V&V RV Repair, Redwood City, CA

Tell us who had done you right and who has done you wrong in rv repairs and service!

Kudos to V&V RV Repair, Redwood City, CA

Postby Anniepoo » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:00 pm

I've got a new to me 78 RV. About 6 weeks ago I came out after a shower to turn off the hot water heater, and found the thermostat part all scorched and black. The temp knob was a big cinder blob.

=8cO

After panicking a bit and shutting off the propane, I took her to V&V, expecting a pricey repair.
I also needed some toilet paper, so I went inside to buy some. Came out and the mechanic told me my heater was probably fine, it just needed the flame adjusted.
He brought out a special soot cleaner and a bucket of water, washed the area, and adjusted the flame so it wouldn't happen again. Offered to order a knob, but said I could get one off a dead domestic water heater. I haven't bothered, I never adjust the temp anyway.

Total cost - no charge.
What I was expecting - replacement of hot water heater, $600 or more.
When I die I'm gonna be cremated. I can't stand the idea of spending eternity in a box with no wheels.
Anniepoo

Re: Kudos to V&V RV Repair, Redwood City, CA

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:04 pm

It is nice to hear the good stories and know that there are still reliable ethical business/service individuals out there.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Re: Kudos to V&V RV Repair, Redwood City, CA

Postby Bethers » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:36 pm

Thanks for sharing that experience. And like you, my water heater temp only gets set once - never touch it again. Glad it was so easy and wasn't a major problem. Better yet that they didn't try to take you for anything.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Kudos and KudNos