Camping World, New Braunfels, TX....not so much....

Tell us who had done you right and who has done you wrong in rv repairs and service!

Camping World, New Braunfels, TX....not so much....

Postby mtngal » Tue May 17, 2011 3:36 pm

Ok, so they DID replace the fuel filter for my generator under warranty last week. I won't tell you the details of the 9 HOUR wait. Suffice it to say I was grateful they were willing to do the repair AND it seems to be working like a champ.

Now for the rest of the story.......today I had a local guy put new shocks on my van (btw, it rides like a dream now!). I asked him to keep an eye out for any potential problems while under the rig. All fine until near the end of project and he says....hey there's a bolt missing on the horizontal braces for the generator. (!?!?!?!?!?!) I get under to take a closer look, oh my gosh, the BOLT IS MISSING from the horizontal braces. It was securely held in place vertically, but nothing to hold it from moving from side to side! Didn't take Rodney but a few minutes to replace the missing bolt and no harm was done, but I shutter to think about the potential for disaster there!

I called Camping World to let the Service Manger know what had happened. Only because I think it's important to for them to know they dodged a bullet. Sorry to say, no call back at this point.

It's going to be hard for me to consider going back to that shop. There's a Camper Clinic nearby, will probably try them if needed in the future.
Diana
mtngal

Re: Camping World, New Braunfels, TX....not so much....

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue May 17, 2011 6:26 pm

Luck was on your side with the good catch..... :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby flick4411 » Tue May 17, 2011 7:08 pm

OMG, that's scary! It just wasn't your day to leave a generator behind! :o

Li Lammert
Winnebago Aspect 30C
Cat Owner--or is it Owned by Cats?
(Encino and the Kuwaiti Kitty, Habbibi)
flick4411

Postby sharon » Tue May 17, 2011 8:48 pm

Ok, I'm probably gonna open up a can of worms with this statement, but: I wouldn't take my bicycle to CW to have the chain lubed. They'd probably manage to loose the chain in the process, even tho you don't take the chain off to lube it. That's just my personal opinion of their work. And yes, I've had work done at several CW's which is why I have that opinion.

Glad you caught the missing bolt before damage occured, Diana.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Bethers » Tue May 17, 2011 10:07 pm

Sharon, in years past I had some good luck with CW - but not in the past few. And this year, when I went to one because I felt forced by weather and they were open and able to see me, they took my money but did not fix my furnace. I, also, will not use CW for service unless I have no other choice. So, am I surprised about that bolt? Wish I could say I was, but I'm not. So glad it was discovered quickly and taken care of.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Kudos and KudNos