Kudos to CoachNet and Les Schwab

Tell us who had done you right and who has done you wrong in rv repairs and service!

Kudos to CoachNet and Les Schwab

Postby Patmac » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:14 pm

Hi, all - I had my first experience dealing with CoachNet, and they made everything so easy and painless. Our travel trailer is in storage and it had a flat. We were freaked out about changing it ourselves because we don't know what we are doing, so we called CoachNet. They had someone from Les Schwab out within an hour, and he was fast, friendly and helpful - he showed us what to do so we could change a tire safely next time (if we had to). He pulled off the bad tire, put on the spare, fixed our tire, and put it back on all at no charge. It was a breeze.
Patmac

Re: Kudos to CoachNet and Les Schwab

Postby Bethers » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:28 pm

And as long as you have Road Side service, why would you want to do it yourself? Nice to know you can though.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby mitch5252 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:08 pm

Another cool thing about Les Schwab - they fix your tires for free.
I had a flat in Oregon this past summer.
Took it to them.
They fixed it and remounted it back on the truck and they put away the spare.
Probably took almost a half hour.
No Charge!
I was very impressed.

Had a flat on my little car couple months later.
Local guy = $15.00

I like Les' price better.

mitch5252

Postby Azusateach » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:16 pm

mitch5252 wrote:..
Another cool thing about Les Schwab - they fix your tires for free.
I had a flat in Oregon this past summer.
Took it to them.
They fixed it and remounted it back on the truck and they put away the spare.
Probably took almost a half hour.
No Charge!
I was very impressed.

Had a flat on my little car couple months later.
Local guy = $15.00

I like Les' price better.

We have a tire chain out here -- America's Tire Co. -- that does the same thing as Les Schwab. And they also offer a kind of tire "warranty". Costs less than $100, and if a tire should become damaged they'll either fix it or replace it free. And they have shops all over the West (and maybe farther).

I had a nail through the sidewall of my brand new Subaru tires, which couldn't be repaired. While they're not anything special, Subaru has made some sort of deal with Yokohama, and the tires are specific to Subaru. So, when I had to replace it I couldn't just buy another Yokohama, it had to be a Subaru Yokohama -- to the tune of almost $200. :shock: That's when I purchased the warranty.

Just last weekend I had a puncture in the new tire. I was able to get home before it got flat, and had AAA come put the donut on. Went to America's Tire Co. the next day & they were able to repair the tire. Didn't cost me a penny.

I'll never buy a car without purchasing the warranty again.
Azusateach

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:04 am

How does the warranty work - you get "free" tires forever - like tire cannot be repaired; new tire. New tire (eventually) cannot be repaired; new tire and on and on? Or is the warranty good for a given length of time?

Does my question make any sense?

mitch5252

Postby Azusateach » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:50 am

mitch5252 wrote:..
How does the warranty work - you get "free" tires forever - like tire cannot be repaired; new tire. New tire (eventually) cannot be repaired; new tire and on and on? Or is the warranty good for a given length of time?

Does my question make any sense?

As I understand it, it works for as long as the tire hasn't just worn out. So when America's Tire Co. determines that there's not enough tread left on the tire they'll say so, and I'll buy new ones.

But yes, if a tire gets repeated "injuries", it will either be repaired or replaced -- no questions asked. And since they have shops all over the place & use a computerized system, I'll be covered anywhere I go. I also think that if there's not a shop nearby & I have to have a tire repaired/replaced, they'll reimburse me when I get home. If the tire's replaced, I think I have to keep the old tire, so that could be a hassle, but for $200, it might be worth it, too.

I had the tires on my trailer warrantied, too. Only needed it once, thankfully. When I went in to have the air checked before hitting the road they found a nail in one of them. Fixed the tire free, and I was on my way. Unfortunately they don't work on motorhome tires because they're considered commercial size.
Azusateach

Postby gingerK » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:29 pm

I get my tires from Discount Tire and I bought the warranty too. If I ever need one replaced, they will do it, no charge. And if there's no Discount Tire where I am, I can get a tire anywhere and they will pay for it, too. I got tires there for my 2000 Grand Cherokee, my 2001 Ram truck, DH's 2005 Ram truck and now for Angel (6! new tires as hers were all checkered on the sidewalls) so I've done a lot of business there. The only thing I haven't bought tires for there was the horse trailer. I ordered those from a friend's auto parts store and had another friend mount and balance them.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Azusateach » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:58 pm

Ginger, Discount Tires & America's Tire Co. are the same company, just different names.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoDTCorATC.dos
Azusateach

Postby gingerK » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:54 pm

Azusateach wrote:Ginger, Discount Tires & America's Tire Co. are the same company, just different names.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoDTCorATC.dos

See, we both have good taste in tire companies! :lol:
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Return to Kudos and KudNos