BAD, BAD REPAIR PLACE IN KERRVILLE, Tx

Tell us who had done you right and who has done you wrong in rv repairs and service!

BAD, BAD REPAIR PLACE IN KERRVILLE, Tx

Postby retiredhappy » Tue May 19, 2015 5:11 pm

Last Thursday I moved my Roadtrek from my parking to place to in front of my house in preparation for my Saturday move. Got it as far as my house (about two blocks) then it would start but die immediately. Ended up having it towed to LeMeilleurs RV here in Kerrville on Friday morning. Monday they called me and said I had bad gas and they needed to drop the fuel tank and empty it. Cost about $400. I had topped off my tank (a little more than half a tank) the day after I got back from my daughter's in East Texas. I had filled up in Mt. Pleasant sunday, May 3rd and drove a little over 400 miles back to Kerrville. The day after I got back I topped off the propane and then topped off my gas tank at Stripes here in town. Parked the van and only moved it on the 14th to my house and all my problems started.

I went to the gas station and told them the problem and they gave me a form to fill out and one for the shop to fill out saying what the problem was. Now its Tuesday, I get a call saying my van is done. When I go to pick it up I'm told that the owner, Dave, refuses to fill out the form because "he doesn't want to get involved." They also now tried to tell me it wasn't the gas I bought at Stripes but new gas mixed with old! I explained that I had filled up in Mt Pleasant and drove 400 miles and then topped off here in town THE VERY NEXT DAY so how the hell could the gas be OLD. I also had a new battery installed for which they charged me $40 to "install". Really, $40 to hook up two cables????? Then I see on the bill they've charged me $27.50 for one can/bottle of fuel conditioner. The same stuff Auto Zone sells for about $5.00. THEN I see they added 15 gallons of gas at $3.68 a gallon????? WTF, gas in town is selling at $2.45!!!!

Well I threw a hissy fit, threatened to destroy them on social media AND every RV forum I belong to and the owner very rudely filled out the form. WORST repair shop experience EVER. If you break down in Kerrville STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

Bottom Line: It pays to get loud and DEMAND service. staff was nice and helpful and actually embarrassed by owner who is a total asshole.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: BAD, BAD REPAIR PLACE IN KERRVILLE, Tx

Postby JudyJB » Tue May 19, 2015 5:59 pm

Wouldn't it be nice to go to a customer-focused repair shop once in a while? Good for you for having a hissy fit!! The older I get the louder and less patient I get with poor service.

Took my motorhome in last Wednesday to the dealer in North Canton, OH, where I bought it three years ago and where they had grumped and tried to blame me when I originally took it in for warranty work. They said several things were my fault, the biggest one being the drawer opened and bashed a hole in the cabinet because I had overloaded it. Called factory who confirmed there were no "load limits" on any of my cabinets and fixed it without complaint. So, you would think I had learned my lesson, but no, I took it back there for a simple oil change. Got there and turned out they had no record of my appointment. They started running around trying to figure out whose fault it was, etc. and wanted to know who I had talked to, etc. I loudly said I did not care WHO was at fault, I just wanted an oil change. Was I going to get it or not? If not, I would go down the road to Camping World. They tried to shush me up, but I got even louder because by this point I was furious. I told them I had not been back in three years because of horrible warranty work and was giving them another chance, and how that was obviously a mistake. :x

Did get my oil change, but not the two or three small things I wanted fixed, but I promise I have learned my lesson and will never go back there again. I am going to write a long letter when I get a chance telling the service manager how they should and should NOT handle customers!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Liz » Tue May 19, 2015 6:46 pm

I noticed that company has other bad reviews online.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby gingerK » Tue May 19, 2015 7:05 pm

I'm sorry you both had such bad experiences. I also got taken by a local RV place but at least we figured out and fixed the problem ourselves. I've been pretty lucky with my local mechanic so far.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Bethers » Tue May 19, 2015 8:26 pm

Sorry Karen, but so glad you spoke up.

I'm moving this to the kudos kudnos area of the maintenance room.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Kudos and KudNos