Andy's RV Service - Decatur, AL

Tell us who had done you right and who has done you wrong in rv repairs and service!

Andy's RV Service - Decatur, AL

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:30 pm

http://www.andysrvservicedecatur.com

The web page gives contact and location info. Andy's is only about two miles off I-65 near Decatur/Priceville. I have not been to their shop/showroom but did recently take advantage of their mobil service for some routine maintenance and a few other items (Aug 2014). Overall was very pleased but my experience is so limited, you will have to judge about reasonableness of cost.

My total bill was $613.06 and that included the following:
$ 50.00 Mobile service Call
$425.00 Labor @ $85.00/hr (5 hours)
$ 65.59 Max Air Cover for Fantastic fan (installation is in the labor)
$ $9.50 30 wt oil for generator (service included in labor) + gave the remainder of 2nd bottle for later use
$ 7.29 RV Wash Product (washing included in labor) + gave me remainder, enough to wash again
$ 10.00 Eternal Bond (application of small patch on roof included in labor)
$ 30.59 Dirt Dauber Screen for fridge
$ 5.06 Air box filter material
$ 9.03 Sales tax
Other things included in the labor:
Visual inspection of A/C, fridge
Cleaned/ inspected roof and applied UV treatment
Cleaned awning
Cleaned house battery terminals and connections, repositioned battery strap on second battery to reduce movement when driving
Think that was all.

I did ask and they do service both gas and diesel generators.
Last edited by bluepinecones on Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Re: Andy's RV Service - Decatur, AL

Postby MandysMom » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:42 pm

All looks within reason to me except $30 for the mud dauber screen. Have to wonder what precious metal cost that much since the labor was under labor. Happily at least except for generator repair my hubby has been able to do our maintenance with my (??) able assistance. I know future items as we get less able will be costly and it's good to hear what others are paying.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby dayspring39 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:26 pm

Sounds like a reasonable price to me... here the labor is from $95 to $110 per hour... so important to get these things done...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby gingerK » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:39 pm

Can't speak to the cost but from your description of how well he looked everything over I'd say it a kudo for him.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:45 pm

I'm not sure about the $30 cost for the fridge screen either - have not seen it yet as tech brought it back on another trip and I wasn't there. Will let you know after I get to see it this coming week.
The only other labor cost I'm familiar with is the one big RV place here in town. Their rate is $125.00/hr and they do not offer mobile service.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Return to Kudos and KudNos